Logical Reasoning - Logical Deduction - Discussion
In each question below are given two statements followed by two conclusions numbered I and II. You have to take the given two statements to be true even if they seem to be at variance from commonly known facts. Read the conclusion and then decide which of the given conclusions logically follows from the two given statements, disregarding commonly known facts.
- (A) If only conclusion I follows
- (B) If only conclusion II follows
- (C) If either I or II follows
- (D) If neither I nor II follows and
- (E) If both I and II follow.
Statements: All mangoes are golden in colour. No golden-coloured things are cheap.
- All mangoes are cheap.
- Golden-coloured mangoes are not cheap.
According to rule - if any one statement is negative then both conclusion must be also be negative, But in this conclusion one are not negative.
So, only 2nd follows.