Data Interpretation - Bar Charts - Discussion

The bar graph given below shows the percentage distribution of the total production of a car manufacturing company into various models over two years.

Percentage of Six different types of Cars manufactured by a Company over Two Years

4. 

If 85% of the S type cars produced in each year were sold by the company, how many S type cars remain unsold?

[A]. 7650
[B]. 9350
[C]. 11,850
[D]. 12,250

Answer: Option C

Explanation:

Number of S type cars which remained unsold in 2000 = 15% of 35,000

and number of S type cars which remained unsold in 2001 = 15% of 44,000.

Therefore Total number of S type cars which remained unsold

    = 15% of (35,000 + 44,000)

    = 15% of 79,000

    = 11,850.


Tanu said: (Sep 13, 2011)  
I think S cars are 10% for both the year instead of 15% as given in the answer. Any one agree or disagree ?

Snehal said: (Sep 19, 2012)  
@tanu - 15% = (100%-85%) , In question it is given as 85% of the cars are sold thats means remaining 15% are unsold. I hope I have cleared your Doubt.

A.J said: (Jun 3, 2013)  
Why is not multiplied by 3,50,000 and 440,000 respectively, but rather 35000 and 44000?

Sonam said: (Aug 6, 2013)  
@A.J question was to find the total no.of S type car unsold, not total car unsold.

Ramki said: (Aug 31, 2014)  
10% cars is how to convert 15%.

Chinu said: (Nov 9, 2014)  
IT should 15% of 10%?

Prateek said: (Sep 13, 2016)  
Why is not multiplied by 350000 and 440000 respectively in above question?

Bappi said: (Nov 6, 2016)  
If I take 85% of 3,50,000 so I got = 3,50,000 - 297500 = 52500 which is 15%. So anyone just tells me how is it possible rest value?

Apoorv said: (Nov 29, 2016)  
For Unsold cars.

15% (10% of 3,50,000) + 15% (10% of 4,40,000)

Hope you get it guys.

Riri said: (Mar 23, 2018)  
Exactly as 10% shown in bar graph.

Chidera said: (Jun 3, 2018)  
Still don't get. Why it is 15% of 35000 instead of 15%/of 350,000 and vice versa?

Please explain.

Shubham said: (Jun 11, 2018)  
@All.

It is given that 85% is sold, first take out how many cars are produced/manufactured so 10%of 3,50,000 is done. Now we got that 35,000 are manufacture, then it is said that 85% is sold out of 35000 therefore 15% is not sold. That's why we are taking 15% of 35,000 same in 2001.

Hope you all understand.

Nilekani Nandan said: (Feb 1, 2019)  
= 15% (10% of 350k + 10% of 440k).
= 15% (790),
= 11850.

Bagir said: (Oct 4, 2020)  
Agree @Prateek.

I think it's 350000 instead of 35000.
Same as 440000 instead of 44000.
15% of 350000 = 52500
15% of 440000 = 66000
52500 + 66000 = 118500 (instead of 11850).

Samdrup Pelmo said: (Nov 29, 2020)  
2000 = 10% of 35,0000=35000.

2001 = 10% of 44,0000=44000.

Therefore the Total number of S type cars which remained unsold;
100%-85%=15%.

15% of 35000=5250
15% of 44000=6600
5250+6600 = 11,850.

Post your comments here:

Name *:

Email   : (optional)

» Your comments will be displayed only after manual approval.