Verbal Reasoning - Syllogism
In each of the following questions two statements are given and these statements are followed by two conclusions numbered (1) and (2). You have to take the given two statements to be true even if they seem to be at variance from commonly known facts. Read the conclusions and then decide which of the given conclusions logically follows from the two given statements, disregarding commonly known facts.
- (A) If only (1) conclusion follows
- (B) If only (2) conclusion follows
- (C) If either (1) or (2) follows
- (D) If neither (1) nor (2) follows and
- (E) If both (1) and (2) follow.
Statements: All the actors are girls. All the girls are beautiful.
- All the actors are beautiful.
- Some girls are actors.
Statements: All the windows are doors. No door is a wall.
- Some windows are walls.
- No wall is a door.
Statements: All cups are books. All books are shirts.
- Some cups are not shirts.
- Some shirts are cups.
Statements: Some cows are crows. Some crows are elephants.
- Some cows are elephants.
- All crows are elephants.
Statements: All the pencils are pens. All the pens are inks.
- All the pencils are inks.
- Some inks are pencils.