Verbal Reasoning - Data Sufficiency
- Data Sufficiency - Section 1
- Data Sufficiency - Section 2
- Data Sufficiency - Section 3
In each of the following problems, there is one question and three statements I, II and III given below the question. You have to decide whether the data given in the statements is sufficient to answer the question. Read all the statements carefully and find which of the statements is/are sufficient to answer the given question. Choose the correct alternative in each question.
Question: What does 'come' represent in a code language ?
- 'pit na tac' means 'come and go' in that code language.
- 'ja ta da' means 'you are good' in that code language.
- 'na da rac' means 'you can come' in that code language.
Question: How is the girl in the photograph related to Kunal?
- Pointing to the photograph, Kunal said, "She is the mother of my father's only granddaughter".
- Kunal has no siblings.
- Pointing to the photograph, Kunal said, "She is the only daughter-in-law of my mother."
From I, we conclude that the girl is either Kunal's or his brother's wife. But, according to II, Kunal has no siblings.
So, from both I and II, we conclude that the girl is Kunal's wife.
From III, we find that the girl is the only daughter-in-law of Kunal's mother i.e. she is Kunal's wife.
Question: How many sons does X have ?
- Q and U are brothers of T.
- R is sister of P and U.
- R and T are daughters of X.