Logical Reasoning - Statement and Argument - Discussion
Each question given below consists of a statement, followed by two arguments numbered I and II. You have to decide which of the arguments is a 'strong' argument and which is a 'weak' argument.
- (A) If only argument I is strong
- (B) If only argument II is strong
- (C) If either I or II is strong
- (D) If neither I nor II is strong and
- (E) If both I and II are strong.
Statement: Should the vehicles older than 15 years be rejected in metros in India?
- Yes. This is a significant step to lower down the pollution level in metros.
- No. It will be very difficult for vehicle owners to shift to other parts in country because they will not get suitable job for their very existence.
And this argument severely underestimates the level of opportunity for unprivileged nations. Possibility of taking away someone's livelihood if someone was barely able to afford it before is not "a small price every citizen can afford".
Whoever wrote the answers to this question was highly ignorant of world's social economics. I believe the the true answer to be E. Both are very strong arguments to be considered.