Logical Reasoning - Statement and Argument
Each question given below consists of a statement, followed by three or four arguments numbered I, II, III and IV. You have to decide which of the arguments is/are 'strong' arguments) and which is/are 'weak' arguments) and accordingly choose your answer from the alternatives given below each question.
Statement: Should the system of Lok Adalats and mobile courts be encouraged in India?
- Yes. It helps to grant speedy justice to the masses.
- Yes. The dispensing of minor cases at this level would reduce the burden on the higher courts.
- No. These courts are usually partial in justice.
Statement: Should India acquire/manufacture the latest nuclear weapons?
- Yes. The enemies of India are improving their weapons continuously and it becomes imperative to protect the sovereignty and integrity of the country.
- No. Instead the money should be diverted to development activities.
- No. The international community will isolate Indians and this will bring a setback to Indian economy.
- No. It will be against our policy of maintaining world peace.
Statement: Should there be a complete ban on manufacture and use of firecrackers?
- No. This will render thousands of workers jobless.
- Yes. The firecracker manufacturers use child labour to a large extent.
- Yes. This will be a concrete step to reduce noise and air pollution.
- No. Use of firecrackers makes certain special occasions more lively and joyful.
Statement: Should "literacy" be the minimum criterion for becoming a voter in India?
- No. Mere literacy is no guarantee of political maturity of an individual.
- Yes. Illiterate people are less likely to make politically wiser decisions of voting for a right candidate or party.
- No. Voting is the constitutional right of every citizen.
Statement: Should there be only few banks in place of numerous smaller banks in India?
- Yes. This will help secure the investor's money as these big banks will be able to withstand intermittent market related shocks.
- No. A large number of people will lose their jobs as after the merger many employees will be redundant.
- Yes. This will help consolidate the entire banking industry and will lead to healthy competition.