Logical Reasoning - Statement and Argument
Each question given below consists of a statement, followed by two arguments numbered I and II. You have to decide which of the arguments is a 'strong' argument and which is a 'weak' argument.
- (A) If only argument I is strong
- (B) If only argument II is strong
- (C) If either I or II is strong
- (D) If neither I nor II is strong and
- (E) If both I and II are strong.
Statement: Should girls learn arts like judo and karate?
- Yes. It will enable them to defend themselves from rogues and ruffians.
- No. They will lose their feminine grace.
Statement: Should India develop a national water grid by connecting all the rivers in the country?
- No. This is not just possible as we do not have the technical knowhow.
- Yes, this will greatly help the entire country by effectively channelizing the excess water to the areas having shortage.
Statement: Should individuals/institutes having treasures of national significance like Nobel Prizes, hand them over to the Central Government for their safe custody?
- Yes. The individuals or institutions do not have enough resources to protect them.
- No. These are the property of the individuals/institutions who win them and should be in their custody.
Statement: Should there be reservation of seats and posts on communal basis?
- Yes. It will check most of the inter-communal biases.
- No, ours is a secular state.
Statement: Should octroi be abolished?
- Yes. It will eliminate an important source of corruption.
- No. It will adversely affect government revenues.