Logical Reasoning - Statement and Argument
Each question given below consists of a statement, followed by two arguments numbered I and II. You have to decide which of the arguments is a 'strong' argument and which is a 'weak' argument.
- (A) If only argument I is strong
- (B) If only argument II is strong
- (C) If either I or II is strong
- (D) If neither I nor II is strong and
- (E) If both I and II are strong.
Statement: Should all refugees, who make unauthorized entry into a country, be forced to go back to their homeland?
- Yes. They make their colonies and occupy a lot of land.
- No. They leave their homes because of hunger or some terror and on human grounds, should not be forced to go back.
Statement: Should India create a huge oil reserve like some Western countries to face difficult situations in future?
- No. There is no need to block huge amount of foreign exchange and keep the money idle.
- Yes. This will help India withstand shocks of sudden rise in oil prices due to unforeseen circumstances.
Statement: Should there be more than one High Court in each state in India?
- No. This will be a sheer wastage of taxpayers' money.
- Yes. This will help reduce the backlog of cases pending for a very long time.
Statement: Should judiciary be independent of the executive?
- Yes. This would help curb the unlawful activities of the executive.
- No. The executive would not be able to take bold measures.
Statement: Should all the practising doctors be brought under Government control so that they get salary from the Government and treat patients free of cost?
- No. How can any country do such an undemocratic thing?
- Yes. Despite many problems, it will certainly help minimize, if not eradicate, unethical medical practices.