Logical Reasoning - Logical Deduction - Discussion
In each question below are given two statements followed by two conclusions numbered I and II. You have to take the given two statements to be true even if they seem to be at variance from commonly known facts. Read the conclusion and then decide which of the given conclusions logically follows from the two given statements, disregarding commonly known facts.
- (A) If only conclusion I follows
- (B) If only conclusion II follows
- (C) If either I or II follows
- (D) If neither I nor II follows and
- (E) If both I and II follow.
Statements: All windows are doors. No door is wall.
- No window is wall.
- No wall is door.
1. Conclusion 1 is simple for all I guess from the laws of deduction.
2. If you reverse the second premise "No door is wall", the converse of it gives "No wall is doors" and hence conclusion 2 is valid and hence option is E.