Logical Reasoning - Course of Action - Discussion
In each question below is given a statement followed by two courses of action numbered I and II. You have to assume everything in the statement to be true and on the basis of the information given in the statement, decide which of the suggested courses of action logically follow(s) for pursuing.
- (A) If only I follows
- (B) If only II follows
- (C) If either I or II follows
- (D) If neither I nor II follows
- (E) If both I and II follow.
Statement: There have been many instances of derailment of trains due to landslide in the hilly areas which caused loss of many lives.
Courses of Action:
- The railway authority should arrange to deploy pilot engines before the movement of passenger trains in the hilly areas to alert the trains in case of any landslide.
- The railway authority should strengthen the hill slopes by putting iron meshes so that the loose boulders do not fall on the track.