Logical Reasoning - Course of Action - Discussion
In each question below is given a statement followed by two courses of action numbered I and II. You have to assume everything in the statement to be true and on the basis of the information given in the statement, decide which of the suggested courses of action logically follow(s) for pursuing.
- (A) If only I follows
- (B) If only II follows
- (C) If either I or II follows
- (D) If neither I nor II follows
- (E) If both I and II follow.
Statement: A large number of engineering graduates in the country are not in a position to have gainful employment at present and the number of such engineers is likely to grow in the future.
Courses of Action:
- The government should launch attractive employment generation schemes and encourage these graduates to opt for such schemes to use their expertise and knowledge effectively.
- This happened due to proliferation of engineering colleges in the country and thereby lowered the quality of the engineering graduates. Those colleges which are not equipped to impart quality education should be closed down.
Here, 1 follows and 2 doesn't follow, because in 2 we should also think about the students who are studying in the college.
Closing colleges is a harsh step. Instead quality of education is improved.
Closing colleges is not a solution. So Answer should be A.
Therefore that is an assumption. Answer D would be correct.
Closing educational institutes isn't a solution. Rather measures to should be taken to make these non quality institutes worth the matter!
So first one for job employment seems to be good as any govt would want unemployment to disperse and employment and prosperity of its citizens a priority.
So answer is A. B not never because it is too harsh a step to be taken in a situation!
Correct option must be E.