Logical Reasoning - Cause and Effect - Discussion
In each of the following questions, two statements numbered I and II are given. There may be cause and effect relationship between the two statements. These two statements may be the effect of the same cause or independent causes. These statements may be independent causes without having any relationship. Read both the statements in each question and mark your answer as
- (A) If statement I is the cause and statement II is its effect;
- (B) If statement II is the cause and statement I is its effect;
- (C) If both the statements I and II are independent causes;
- (D) If both the statements I and II are effects of independent causes; and
- (E) If both the statements I and II are effects of some common cause.
- The prices of vegetables have been increased considerably during this summer.
- There is tremendous increase in the temperature during this summer thereby damaging crops greatly.