Discussion :: Pipes and Cistern - Data Sufficiency 1 (Q.No.2)
Each of the questions given below consists of a statement and / or a question and two statements numbered I and II given below it. You have to decide whether the data provided in the statement(s) is / are sufficient to answer the given question. Read the both statements and
- Give answer (A) if the data in Statement I alone are sufficient to answer the question, while the data in Statement II alone are not sufficient to answer the question.
- Give answer (B) if the data in Statement II alone are sufficient to answer the question, while the data in Statement I alone are not sufficient to answer the question.
- Give answer (C) if the data either in Statement I or in Statement II alone are sufficient to answer the question.
- Give answer (D) if the data even in both Statements I and II together are not sufficient to answer the question.
- Give answer(E) if the data in both Statements I and II together are necessary to answer the question.
|Abhishek said: (Nov 1, 2012)|
|If initially Tank is empty, There is no need of A and B filling and emptying work. Since tank is empty; time taken is 0 hr.|
|Mskools said: (Aug 3, 2013)|
|Here in the question he has to specify whether the is full or half-full or how much portion it was full. As it was not mentioned in the question the correct option for this is D.|
|Aayush said: (Dec 20, 2015)|
|Yes exactly, without knowing the initial state of the tank, it is impossible to answer the question.|
|Chirag With Deven said: (Jan 3, 2016)|
|Hello guys, tank will never ever be filled because outlet pipe is taking half the time of inlet pipe or numeric data statement is reciprocal of each other.|
|Pavan said: (Aug 31, 2018)|
|Here the time taken for empty the tank is less hence the tank cannot be filled completely.|
|Naman Agarwal said: (Feb 15, 2020)|
|The outflow rate will be dependent on the water pressure which depends on height in the tank. So it's impossible to calculate by the given data.|
Post your comments here:
Email : (optional)
» Your comments will be displayed only after manual approval.