Discussion :: Data Sufficiency - Section 1 (Q.No.45)
In each of the questions below consists of a question and two statements numbered I and II given below it. You have to decide whether the data provided in the statements are sufficient to answer the question. Read both the statements and
- (A) If the data in statement I alone are sufficient to answer the question, while the data in statement II alone are not sufficient to answer the question
- (B) If the data in statement II alone are sufficient to answer the question, while the data in statement I alone are not sufficient to answer the question
- (C) If the data either in statement I alone or in statement II alone are sufficient to answer the question
- (D) If the data given in both statements I and II together are not sufficient to answer the question and
- (E) If the data in both statements I and II together are necessary to answer the question.
|Ramakhanna said: (Jun 1, 2011)|
|Here little bit confusing. Because, no. of cards are calculated.
But, it is asked "new year's greeting cards" specifically.
|Parthipan said: (Jul 29, 2014)|
|Cards includes new year card, birthday card, valentines day card, etc...... know, Then how we decide option E.
In given question How many New Year's greeting cards were sold this year is asked, how to identify a new year's greeting cards without giving any further information about sale of new year's cards.
Therefore I conclude option D is the answer.
Kindly give me your thought about my answer.
|Yashwanth said: (Aug 9, 2016)|
|I think B is the option because this year we may get loss or profit and also the cards sold last year may not be equal to the cards sold this year.
But in B mentioned that the cards sold this year is 1.2 times more than the last year.
So, I go for B.
|Imran Farooq said: (Mar 7, 2018)|
|My option is D because none of the two given options clearly state the category of sold cards. 2935 of the sold cards may include any category of cards:birthday, valentine etc. But the question specifically asks about New Year's Greeting cards.|
Post your comments here:
Email : (optional)
» Your comments will be displayed only after manual approval.