Discussion :: Data Sufficiency - Section 1 (Q.No.18)
In each of the questions below consists of a question and two statements numbered I and II given below it. You have to decide whether the data provided in the statements are sufficient to answer the question. Read both the statements and
- (A) If the data in statement I alone are sufficient to answer the question, while the data in statement II alone are not sufficient to answer the question
- (B) If the data in statement II alone are sufficient to answer the question, while the data in statement I alone are not sufficient to answer the question
- (C) If the data either in statement I alone or in statement II alone are sufficient to answer the question
- (D) If the data given in both statements I and II together are not sufficient to answer the question and
- (E) If the data in both statements I and II together are necessary to answer the question.
|Harshita said: (Jan 20, 2012)|
|Not Before Two days . Its After two days.|
|Sann said: (Jun 11, 2015)|
|So Sahil born on Friday not before after two day of sister birthday.|
|Karthick said: (Jul 11, 2016)|
|But the weeks first day is Sunday, if we concern of it mean than sisters birthday will be on Wednesday.|
|Tanuj said: (Jul 16, 2016)|
|Where is it given that the week starts on Monday?|
|Shiva said: (Sep 15, 2016)|
|An actually week starts from Sunday.|
|Mzmil said: (Nov 16, 2016)|
|It's written in the question that after 2 days " two days after Sahil was born" not before as you have mentioned, "Sahil was born two days before".
Please explain me.
|K.Nimshi said: (Nov 29, 2016)|
Actually, if you read the question carefully Sahil sister born two days after Sahil was born. In the problem, they told Sahil sister born on Wednesday. Go in reverse track Sahil sister born on Wednesday which means 2 days before means Monday.
So, Sahil born on Monday. And after 2 days of Sahil birthday means Wednesday. LHS=RHS.
I hope you got the logic.
|Aditi said: (Mar 28, 2017)|
|A week starts from which day sunday or monday?|
|Suhani said: (Apr 3, 2017)|
|Krishna said: (Jul 14, 2017)|
|How one can be specific that 3rd day of the week is only Wednesday?
It may be Tuesday.
|Savita said: (Aug 17, 2017)|
|The 3rd day of the week is Tuesday @Krishna.|
|Poojitha said: (Mar 4, 2021)|
|The week starts by Sunday not Monday.|
|Widi said: (Aug 1, 2021)|
|But they are asking us about the day of the week he celebrated his birthday. And statement II gives info about the day on which he was born! without knowing his age and years how can we predict his day of the week of his birthday? Anyone clarify.|
Post your comments here:
Email : (optional)
» Your comments will be displayed only after manual approval.