Discussion :: Data Sufficiency - Section 1 (Q.No.41)
In each of the questions below consists of a question and two statements numbered I and II given below it. You have to decide whether the data provided in the statements are sufficient to answer the question. Read both the statements and
- (A) If the data in statement I alone are sufficient to answer the question, while the data in statement II alone are not sufficient to answer the question
- (B) If the data in statement II alone are sufficient to answer the question, while the data in statement I alone are not sufficient to answer the question
- (C) If the data either in statement I alone or in statement II alone are sufficient to answer the question
- (D) If the data given in both statements I and II together are not sufficient to answer the question and
- (E) If the data in both statements I and II together are necessary to answer the question.
|Deepak said: (Oct 7, 2013)|
|IT is mentioned that Deepak is in twentieth from the top N There are ten students between Nitin and Deepak. So Nitin should be in 9th rank. And Answer(E).|
|Kunbi said: (Feb 7, 2015)|
|I agree with @Deepak; both information are sufficient in my analysis. Please explain further.|
|Shreya said: (Apr 19, 2015)|
Since it is not given who is at what rank, therefore we cannot analyse whether 10 students are between Deepak and Nitin or Nitin and Deepak respectively.
|Sushmitha said: (Apr 22, 2017)|
|In the question, they have mentioned that there are 10 students between Nithin and Deepak but they haven't said who is above whom (it is unclear whether Nithin is above Deepak or Deepak is above Nithin).
So the answer is D.
|Shubham said: (Feb 28, 2021)|
|The answer should be E.
Because it's clearly saying that, Deepak is twentieth from the top and 10 students are in between Nitin and Deepak.
So, Nitin rank is 9.
|Chanukya said: (Jul 29, 2021)|
|The answer is D.
Nitin should be either 1st or 23rd.
If Deepak is 12th from the top, and there are 10 students in between, Nitin is either 1 (Nitin, 10 people, Deepak) or 23 (Deepak, 10 people, Nitin).
|Aman Thakur said: (Aug 13, 2021)|
|Answer may be E because Nitin to Deepak means Nitin will come first if Deepak's position is 20th.|
Post your comments here:
Email : (optional)
» Your comments will be displayed only after manual approval.