Discussion :: Data Sufficiency - Section 1 (Q.No.16)
In each of the questions below consists of a question and two statements numbered I and II given below it. You have to decide whether the data provided in the statements are sufficient to answer the question. Read both the statements and
- (A) If the data in statement I alone are sufficient to answer the question, while the data in statement II alone are not sufficient to answer the question
- (B) If the data in statement II alone are sufficient to answer the question, while the data in statement I alone are not sufficient to answer the question
- (C) If the data either in statement I alone or in statement II alone are sufficient to answer the question
- (D) If the data given in both statements I and II together are not sufficient to answer the question and
- (E) If the data in both statements I and II together are necessary to answer the question.
|Jeeva said: (Dec 18, 2011)|
|They asked how many children facing north. But in the 2 options they didn't mention about the direction.|
|Navrata said: (Jan 7, 2012)|
|Same here. No direction. How is possible ?|
|Harshita said: (Jan 20, 2012)|
|Same Question of Jeeva and Navrata.|
|Siva said: (Jan 30, 2014)|
|The question is about how many childrens facing north?|
|Sunny143 said: (Mar 2, 2014)|
|Trom statement 1: 5 4 3 2 1(from left end).
8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1(from ashish).
(vishaka is 8th now) (from question ashish pstion is 12 th from right end).
Therefore 12+12=24 na,
From statement 2:
Therefore either 1/2 statements will be right yar you got it.
|Santhosh said: (Sep 17, 2014)|
|To create confusion they have given as north. Don't go for direction just calculate the the total no.of students sitting in a row.
Facing north is the basic sitting position of students.
Given according the question. Ignore the direction blah blah blah.
|Shopana said: (Dec 28, 2014)|
|There is no indication of direction in the options?|
|Chaitanya said: (Jul 29, 2016)|
|Universal directions are not mentioned here.|
|Jasan said: (May 30, 2017)|
|How can we take answer C? Because in 2 statements there isn't mentioned about direction. So the answer should be D.|
|Sindhu said: (Jun 9, 2017)|
|I thought the answer is neither of I and II since direction is not mentioned. This explanation fits for how many children in all (explanation holds excluding the direction part).|
|Amol said: (Nov 14, 2017)|
|I too have same doubt about direction.|
|Mitesh said: (Feb 27, 2020)|
|As it is mentioned north side, for all the students it's measured north side. So answer is C correct.|
Post your comments here:
Email : (optional)
» Your comments will be displayed only after manual approval.