Discussion :: Data Sufficiency - Section 1 (Q.No.44)
In each of the questions below consists of a question and two statements numbered I and II given below it. You have to decide whether the data provided in the statements are sufficient to answer the question. Read both the statements and
- (A) If the data in statement I alone are sufficient to answer the question, while the data in statement II alone are not sufficient to answer the question
- (B) If the data in statement II alone are sufficient to answer the question, while the data in statement I alone are not sufficient to answer the question
- (C) If the data either in statement I alone or in statement II alone are sufficient to answer the question
- (D) If the data given in both statements I and II together are not sufficient to answer the question and
- (E) If the data in both statements I and II together are necessary to answer the question.
|Avijit said: (Jun 20, 2015)|
|But the gender of Divya is not known. Can be brother or sister?|
|Hitesh Bajoria said: (Sep 6, 2015)|
Actually even I marked the 1st option.
|Abhish said: (May 11, 2016)|
|Are cousin and sister are the same relation?
Please clarify my doubt.
|Mani said: (Dec 3, 2016)|
|How far is it correct. For same persons 2 relations?|
|Himangshu said: (Feb 24, 2017)|
|If Divya is Shaloo's sister then how can Divya's mother be the sister of Shaloo's father. This means Dvya's mother and Shaloo's father are brother and sisters. How can they be parents?|
|Jasan Safir said: (Jul 29, 2017)|
|How can option C be right?
In statement 1, only we can know Saloo's father is the brother of Divya mother. But it doesn't mean that Divya and saloo are two cousin sisters. In statement 2, it mentioned that Saloo is daughter. In statement1 cousin sister, in statement 2, only sister. Then how answer be C? It ought to be answer D.
|Jsp said: (Mar 31, 2019)|
|It is definitely option A, as sister and cousin are two different relations.|
|Abhilash said: (May 18, 2019)|
|Statement 1st and 2nd are contrary to each other.
And sex of Divya is unknown.
According to me, option D is correct. Correct me if am wrong.
Post your comments here:
Email : (optional)
» Your comments will be displayed only after manual approval.