Discussion :: Data Sufficiency - Section 1 (Q.No.38)
In each of the questions below consists of a question and two statements numbered I and II given below it. You have to decide whether the data provided in the statements are sufficient to answer the question. Read both the statements and
- (A) If the data in statement I alone are sufficient to answer the question, while the data in statement II alone are not sufficient to answer the question
- (B) If the data in statement II alone are sufficient to answer the question, while the data in statement I alone are not sufficient to answer the question
- (C) If the data either in statement I alone or in statement II alone are sufficient to answer the question
- (D) If the data given in both statements I and II together are not sufficient to answer the question and
- (E) If the data in both statements I and II together are necessary to answer the question.
|Shaily said: (Oct 24, 2014)|
|A is child of D.
So why not the answer be E.
|Tanvir said: (Mar 24, 2015)|
|Agreed with @Shaily. Question was to find out relation between A & D, not to find out son or daughter.|
|Kumar Ankit said: (Sep 27, 2015)|
|Yeah! same logic from my side also. A is the child of D.|
|Khan said: (May 8, 2016)|
|Here the relation is a child.|
|Kashish said: (Jun 17, 2016)|
|In the question, it is written that how A is related to D, So we don't have to mention that it is son or daughter. SO from my point of view, I think that E option should be best for this because if we go through reality the concept is clear that if B is brother of A and D is father of B so it doesn't matter that A is daughter or son, Matter is D is father of A.|
|Vincent said: (Feb 26, 2018)|
|The relationship the question seeks to establish is not the gender as the 'D' as the answer seem to project.
The answer should be 'E'.
|Alpha said: (Oct 15, 2018)|
He/she can be her child or Offspring, or D can be his/her mother or father.
|Srikanth said: (Aug 13, 2019)|
|The answer should be E.|
|Ranaveer Sudarshan said: (Sep 26, 2020)|
The answer should be D.
Because, the question is how A related to D?
But not how D is related to A?
We know that D is the father of A, but we don't the gender of A. So, we can't conclude anything over here.
|Liz said: (Sep 29, 2020)|
|The answer should be option E.|
Post your comments here:
Email : (optional)
» Your comments will be displayed only after manual approval.