Discussion :: Cube and Cuboid - Cube and Cuboid 2 (Q.No.1)
- Cube and Cuboid - Introduction
- Cube and Cuboid - Cube and Cuboid 1
- «« Cube and Cuboid - Cube and Cuboid 2
- Cube and Cuboid - Cube and Cuboid 3
- Cube and Cuboid - Cube and Cuboid 4
- Cube and Cuboid - Cube and Cuboid 5
- Cube and Cuboid - Cube and Cuboid 6
- Cube and Cuboid - Cube and Cuboid 7
- Cube and Cuboid - Cube and Cuboid 8
- Cube and Cuboid - Cube and Cuboid 9
The following questions are based on the information given below:
- There is a cuboid whose dimensions are 4 x 3 x 3 cm.
- The opposite faces of dimensions 4 x 3 are coloured yellow.
- The opposite faces of other dimensions 4 x 3 are coloured red.
- The opposite faces of dimensions 3 x 3 are coloured green.
- Now the cuboid is cut into small cubes of side 1 cm.
How many small cubes will have only two faces coloured ?
Answer: Option C
Number of small cubes having only two faces coloured = 6 from the front + 6 from the back + 2 from the left + 2 from the right
|Udayakumar said: (Jan 2, 2011)|
|Can anyone please explain this?|
|Santosh said: (Feb 23, 2011)|
|Please explain this problem.|
|Narendra Kirar said: (Jun 11, 2011)|
|Please suggest any simple and shortcut answer.|
|Sakthi said: (Aug 25, 2011)|
|Could not understand how its two from left and right, hope its 3.|
|Mrudula said: (Sep 8, 2011)|
|Can some one explain this?|
|Shekhar Ghate said: (Nov 6, 2011)|
|The formula for cubes having two sides painted is
(L-2)x4 + (B-2)x4 + (H-2)x4 Where L = Length, B= Breadth, H=Height
In the above problem it is (4-2)x4 + (3-2)x4 + (3-2)x4
i.e 8 + 4 + 4 = 16
|Prasanna said: (Nov 16, 2011)|
|Thank you shekar.|
|Raghavan said: (Feb 3, 2012)|
|Hi, refer the picture again. Note the Between the right side top cornor. The cube having 2 colored faces. Simultaneously bottom side cube having 2 colored faces. Thats why 2 came.|
|Raghavan said: (Feb 3, 2012)|
|Could you tell me how does L-2*4 comes?|
|Deep said: (Dec 18, 2012)|
|From front, how is it 6 cubes. ?
From front only 4 cubes are two face coloured.
|Vishal said: (Apr 10, 2013)|
|2 cubes of green yellow face and 4 cubes of yellow red face.|
|Drashti said: (Jun 23, 2013)|
|Is the formula given by @Shekhar applicable for any cuboid to find cubes with two side painted?|
|Nimesh said: (Jul 29, 2013)|
|Its the right explanation. If you go through it practically you would surely get it right.|
|Vindy said: (Jun 11, 2014)|
|What is the reason of multiply by 4?|
|Aadharsha said: (Jan 5, 2015)|
|I think so 4 from left and 4 from right. 4 cubes have two face colored.|
|Vignesh said: (Mar 5, 2015)|
|I too had problems on left and right side cubes. @Aadharsdha, do you find it?|
|Vinothini said: (Sep 2, 2016)|
|In my point of the view, 12 is the answer.|
|Aditya said: (Oct 20, 2018)|
|Since there are 12 edged in the cube front face have 2 faces such as 2 sides painted so total 2*4 (edges of 2 sides painted), similarly when you go by height 1*4, and same breadth 1*4.
So, total (2*4 + 1*4 + 1*4) = 16.
Post your comments here:
Email : (optional)
» Your comments will be displayed only after manual approval.