- What are order of precedence and associativity, and how are they used?
Order of precedence determines the order in which operators are evaluated in expressions.
Associatity determines whether an expression is evaluated left-to-right or right-to-left.
- When a thread blocks on I/O, what state does it enter?A thread enters the waiting state when it blocks on I/O.
- To what value is a variable of the String type automatically initialized?The default value of an String type is null.
- What is the catch or declare rule for method declarations?If a checked exception may be thrown within the body of a method, the method must either catch the exception or declare it in its throws clause.
- What is the difference between a MenuItem and a CheckboxMenuItem?The CheckboxMenuItem class extends the MenuItem class to support a menu item that may be checked or unchecked.
- What is a task's priority and how is it used in scheduling?A task's priority is an integer value that identifies the relative order in which it should be executed with respect to other tasks. The scheduler attempts to schedule higher priority tasks before lower priority tasks.