Technical Drawing - Piping Drawings - Discussion

Discussion Forum : Piping Drawings - General Questions (Q.No. 2)
These types of pipes are generally connected with bell and spigot joints or flanged joints:
Soil and waste
Water and gas
Water and steam
Gas and soil
Answer: Option
No answer description is available. Let's discuss.
5 comments Page 1 of 1.

Fahimuddin said:   8 years ago
Bell spigot and flange both are entirely different end connections. Bell and spigot generally used for soil and waste which deals with gravity or low pressure system, whereas flange connection are used in high pressure system.

D.K.Dhal said:   9 years ago
B is the wrong answer spigot joints are mainly use for soil & waste pipe line due to frequent chocking we have to open the line in different location to clear. So A is the correct answer.

Satya Krishna said:   9 years ago
For water flange joint is ok, but for gas leakage problem arises, if any dangerous gas or any good quality steam flows then it is problem.

Raha said:   9 years ago
Water & gas system are used flanged joints because during maintenance time it is easy.

Muneer said:   1 decade ago
Can anyone elaborate this answer.

Post your comments here:

Your comments will be displayed after verification.