TCS Interview Experience - Dharwad, Karnataka
First of all, TCS hires for different domains in the same college (on campus):
- App dev.
- IT IS
Now the recruitment process:
1) Aptitude round: They have a definite pattern for this. Chances are there that you may also get repeated questions from previous year paper. So follow websites like IndiaBix blindly. Yes blindly because TCS Apti round has negative marking and you will not go for the answer until and unless you are 100% sure about it. So better to solve questions on these websites specifically given for TCS.
You are 70% through if you clear aptitude round. :) :).
2) Technical Interview: Prepare for basics and by basics, I mean simple programs like binary search, terminologies, and simple logic they ask for getting highest no. between 3 nos. (they asked me this).
A simple query for DBMS part. For some of my friends, they asked scheduling in OS. Don't worry even if you don't answer its ok but then be sure to answer other questions. 2 3 wrong answers won't do damage. This round lasted for 10 minutes that's it.
Prepare your project very well. That's the strength you have in this round. Once started don't stop until the interviewer interrupts. Be thorough with your project implementation.
P.S: Don't worry. This is an easy round too and remember to be confident.
3) Managerial Round: Family background questions, introduce yourself and in some case a puzzle or a situation. Easy one.
4) Personal Interview: If you have made till this round you are 99% in. 1% less because you will have to wait for final result announcement if you feel you were as terrible as our ex-prime minister and didn't speak a word. Luck matters too.
Ok now the questions:
- Introduce yourself (start with "MYSELF". felt he liked this word :) :) )
A situation : nuclear explosion has eliminated human race from planet earth. You are the only one surviving. What will you do?
Alone on remote island. How to survive and seek for help. Family Background questions. Ready to work anywhere anytime?
- Why TCS? (Note: Never start with "AS YOU KNOW TCS IS". I did and the interviewer said "I know everything about TCS, you tell me why TCS for you"... :P )
All this took a day to finish off. Finally got selected.All the very best people. It's easy to crack TCS. All they look for is confidence. So don't be nervous whatsoever. Remember if you think job is important you will definitely feel low. Feel as if you are the most important entity and they are there for you.