Tata Consultancy Services Interview Experience - Bangalore December 20, 2015.
Let's directly come to the point - I know getting a Job is pure luck but, only when if you have given 100% dedication.
The most important thing one should have is importance of that job. Do not leave this on luck, think like this is the last chance you have and prepare yourself accordingly.
Everyone knows about email and aptitude so I'll inform about interviews.
Interviews were in TCS, Whitefield. Reporting time was 9 AM, I reached at 8:30 AM and what I show minimum 100 candidates were already their.
Got chance to register and went inside. My number was 145. So, for technical interview waited till 12 PM. They were calling 50 candidates at a time.
My thinking was interviews will be in room, I'll ask to get in, shake hand etc. But, scenario was totally different. More than 50 panels were their and side by side interviews were going on. (That was the time where luck was needed).
I went, sir was standing and told me to sit.
1) Tell me about yourself.
2) Diploma people should have more knowledge than degree, what you think on this? (As I have done diploma, too).
3) I was doing job in Flipkart so asked why you want to change? Experience will not count do you know that?
4) You know only C++ why you have not done any courses like Java?
- I told that I know C and I have done C++ course and TCS provides best training so I can learn easily.
- He was not happy and told we do not teach you everything from base. I said I know basic things so I will learn quickly.
5) What is microprocessor and controller?
- He was not happy with my answer, went to discuss with another interviewer. (I thought I am gone.)
6) Tell me one reason why should I hire you?
(This question changed the game. I was prepared for this question and explained all my qualities).
Started questions related to TCS.
7) Why TCS?
8) Number of employees?
9) 5 names where TATA is involved. ( TATA motors, TATA salt like that)
10) Awards that TCS has won.
I gave all the answers correctly.
1) Tell me about your habits.
- I was not prepared for habits, still somehow I managed and informed about only hobbies as habits.
2) 2 more questions related to hobbies.
3) What are the changes you have noticed in Gujarat after modi became CM? (As I am from Gujarat).
4) What is the capital of Gujarat and why?
5) To save money you have made your resume of single page.
- Replied well he was happy.
6) Why not business and this?
7) Do you have any question for me? (Guys prepare one question and ask. This is very important and shows your interest in the company).
After long wait of 4 hours they called for HR:
1) What is your inspiration?
2) You have attended TCS off campus before, what was the reason of rejection?
3) What bring you to Bangalore? TCS?
4) Ready for relocation?
5) Do you know TCS service agreement? (bond).
That's it. Got offer letter after 5 days.
Let me warn you, I have seen many candidates who got rejected in TR, MR and even in HR. Do not be scared, just be serious.
In many cases they just see how confident you are and do you have abilities to fit in organization. If you are well prepared and confident you can definitely crack TCS interviews.
After 6 months of struggle I have got this job so, do not miss this chance, prepare and perform as last chance.
I hope this will be helpful to you.
3i Infotech - AAI - ABACUS - ABB - Accel Frontline - Accenture - Aditi - Adobe - ADP - Agreeya - Akamai - Alcatel Lucent - Allfon - Alumnus - Amazon - Amdocs - AMI - Andhra Bank - AppLabs - Apps Associates - Aricent - Ashok Leyland - Aspire - Atos Origin - Axes - Bajaj - Bank of Maharashtra - BEL - BEML - BHEL - BirlaSoft - Blue Dart - Blue Star - BOB - BPCL - BPL - Brakes - BSNL - C-DOT - Cadence - Calsoft - Canara Bank - Canarys - Capgemini - Caritor - Caterpillar - CDAC - CGI - Changepond - Ciena - Cisco - Citicorp - CMC - Consagous - Convergys - CORDYS - Crompton - CSC - CTS - Cummins - Dell - Deloitte - Delphi-TVS - DeShaw - Deutsche - Dotcom - DRDO - EDS - EIL - ELGI - ELICO - ERICSSON - Essar - Fidelity - Flextronics - Freescale - FXLabs - GAIL - GE - Genpact - Geodesic - Geometric - Globaledge - GlobalLogic - Godrej - Google - Grapecity - HAL - HCL - Hexaware - Honeywell - HP - HPCL - HSBC - Huawei - Hughes - IBM - IBS - ICICI - iGate - Impetus - iNautix - Indian Airforce - Indian Airlines - Infosys - Infotech - Intec - Integra - Intergraph - IOCL - iSOFT - ISRO - Ittiam - JSW - Keane - Kenexa - L & T - L & T Infotech - LG Soft - Lifetree - LionBridge - Mahindra Satyam - Mastek - Maveric - McAfee - MECON - Microsoft - MindTree - Miraclesoft - Mistral - Motorola - Mphasis - MTNL - NIC - Nokia Siemens - Novell - NTPC - Nucleus - ORACLE - Patni - Perot - Polaris - Ramco - Robert Bosch - Samsung - SAP - Sapient - Sasken - SBI - Sierra Atlantic - Sonata - Sony India - Sutherland - Syntel - TCS - Tech Mahindra - VeriFone - Virtusa - Wipro - Zensar.