TCS Interview Experience - Jaipur
The process is the same that in each round some candidates gets eliminated and only selected candidates appear for next set of rounds.
It was amazing for me that my TR and HR were taken together in single round by single Interviewer.
Q1. Introduce yourself.
- Done with confidence and proper eye contact.
Q2. Why did you select this college?
- Done with proper justification.
Q3. Your favorite subjects.
- Microprocessor and digital electronics.
Q4. What is accumulator?
Q5. Tell me about your minor and major project.
- Explained briefly, he was impressed as it was a new project of its own.
Q6. Do you have any supplementary or backlogs in your academic career?
- No sir.
Q6. As your % shows that you are good in studies, what is your position in your class?
- Sir I have secured 5th position in my class and 15th position in whole branch according to the overall aggregate up to 6th semester.
Q7. What quality in you that makes you different among your class students?
- I said my strengths : Optimistic, hard worker, adaptability, confident, patience.
He said I have taken interview of many interviewees and almost all of them told me the same thing so how it makes you differ from them.
- I said sir along with this I am an active member of robotics club of our college; I have participated in my events across the whole country, faced many challenges, experience of working under pressure. My qualities helped me to grab opportunities and get success.
- Apart from that I have experience of working in a team and also as a team leader and I know that working in a team is best way to achieve goals because no one in this world knows everything, and working in a team is the best way to harness each other's core competencies, and it will be helpful to the growth of the organization as well as me.
He quite satisfied with my answers.
Q8. On which processor did you worked on?
- Sir Intel 8085 and microcontroller ATmega 8, 16, 32.
Q9. What is accumulator?
- I answered it correctly.
Q10. Which editor, simulation software and code burner did you used to program it?
- AVR studio (atmel) , Proteus (Lab center electronics) , AVR Burn-o-mat (atmel).
Q11. Tell me about your completed projects and explain any one of it briefly?
Q12. What is pointer, function pointer, volatile variables?
- Explained with example.
Q13. What are your favorite programming languages?
- C, C++, embedded C.
Q14. Then why are you studying JAVA as you have mentioned it in your CV?
- Sir my minor project is based on Java and I am keen to learn new things, since I have not studied the whole java, but whatever I have learnt in it I found it more interesting than other languages.
He said ok thank you Akash, you have done with your interview.
After that I was desperately waiting for my results and then my name was announced for HR.
I went inside wished him Good afternoon.
HR: So Mr. Akash have you taken your lunch.
I: Yes sir.
I: Sure sir.
HR: Should I lock it.
I: Definitely sir, with smile.
HR: Are you ready to relocate.
I: Yes sir, I have no issues in that.
HR: Are you ready to work at night shifts.
I: Sir being an active member of the robotics club of our college I have worked many times the whole night in lab, so timing is not an issue for me.
HR: Last questions, tell me a unique quality in you for which I will be obliged to recruit you.
I: Sir I am a team player, hard worker and a smart worker too.
HR: According to my knowledge a person can't be both hard worker and smart worker, maybe I am wrong, Can you justify it.
I: Definitely sir.
I am a regular student of college, I am among the top 15 students of college who are selected for BSNL certified training, so I have to go there regularly, I am an active member of Robotics club so I have to stay after college hours for that and I am pursuing my java course from an institute where I have to go daily.
Apart from this hectic schedule I am scoring good aggregate in my academics that is the proof of my hard working.
And managing all these at the same time is only possible due to my smart work.
HR: (quite impressed).
HR: Ok Mr. Akash nice to have a talk with you.
I: Thank you sir and same here.
3i Infotech - AAI - ABACUS - ABB - Accel Frontline - Accenture - Aditi - Adobe - ADP - Agreeya - Akamai - Alcatel Lucent - Allfon - Alumnus - Amazon - Amdocs - AMI - Andhra Bank - AppLabs - Apps Associates - Aricent - Ashok Leyland - Aspire - Atos Origin - Axes - Bajaj - Bank of Maharashtra - BEL - BEML - BHEL - BirlaSoft - Blue Dart - Blue Star - BOB - BPCL - BPL - Brakes - BSNL - C-DOT - Cadence - Calsoft - Canara Bank - Canarys - Capgemini - Caritor - Caterpillar - CDAC - CGI - Changepond - Ciena - Cisco - Citicorp - CMC - Consagous - Convergys - CORDYS - Crompton - CSC - CTS - Cummins - Dell - Deloitte - Delphi-TVS - DeShaw - Deutsche - Dotcom - DRDO - EDS - EIL - ELGI - ELICO - ERICSSON - Essar - Fidelity - Flextronics - Freescale - FXLabs - GAIL - GE - Genpact - Geodesic - Geometric - Globaledge - GlobalLogic - Godrej - Google - Grapecity - HAL - HCL - Hexaware - Honeywell - HP - HPCL - HSBC - Huawei - Hughes - IBM - IBS - ICICI - iGate - Impetus - iNautix - Indian Airforce - Indian Airlines - Infosys - Infotech - Intec - Integra - Intergraph - IOCL - iSOFT - ISRO - Ittiam - JSW - Keane - Kenexa - L & T - L & T Infotech - LG Soft - Lifetree - LionBridge - Mahindra Satyam - Mastek - Maveric - McAfee - MECON - Microsoft - MindTree - Miraclesoft - Mistral - Motorola - Mphasis - MTNL - NIC - Nokia Siemens - Novell - NTPC - Nucleus - ORACLE - Patni - Perot - Polaris - Ramco - Robert Bosch - Samsung - SAP - Sapient - Sasken - SBI - Sierra Atlantic - Sonata - Sony India - Sutherland - Syntel - TCS - Tech Mahindra - VeriFone - Virtusa - Wipro - Zensar.