Tata Consultancy Services Interview Experience - Kolkata, March, 2015
I attended the TCS interview after clearing the aptitude test and e-mail writing in their off campus drive held in march, 2015 at one of their offices in Kolkata. I was from mechanical discipline. However, I cleared it and absorbed as ASET (the post they generally offer to B.Tech graduate or MCA).
For non CS/IT guys, you have to only study any one standard language (either procedural like C or Object oriented like JAVA) with all the basic syntax, library functions, some well-known programs and their logic.
1) Just prepare yourself in a way so that you can easily tackle any cross question the interviewer ask you based on your answer of the last question asked.
2) Don't show off your knowledge, not even try to do so. I have seen many guys being rejected due to this very reason.
3) Just put those technical skills you really have and you can tackle standard questions asked from those area.
4) Don't put phrases like "I love programming/coding", "I am a good programmer","coding is my cup of tea" etc on your CVs. If you do so, you can expect highly undesirable questions from interviewer.
5) If you clear the technical round you'll be called for HR round. TCS generally don't reject people in HR round. So don't worry for this round.
For CS/IT guys they ask some tricky questions and expect knowledge both in procedural and object oriented language, data structure, database. Whereas for non-CS/IT guys any extra knowledge except mentioned above obviously would be an advantage. Best of luck guys. :)
3i Infotech - AAI - ABACUS - ABB - Accel Frontline - Accenture - Aditi - Adobe - ADP - Agreeya - Akamai - Alcatel Lucent - Allfon - Alumnus - Amazon - Amdocs - AMI - Andhra Bank - AppLabs - Apps Associates - Aricent - Ashok Leyland - Aspire - Atos Origin - Axes - Bajaj - Bank of Maharashtra - BEL - BEML - BHEL - BirlaSoft - Blue Dart - Blue Star - BOB - BPCL - BPL - Brakes - BSNL - C-DOT - Cadence - Calsoft - Canara Bank - Canarys - Capgemini - Caritor - Caterpillar - CDAC - CGI - Changepond - Ciena - Cisco - Citicorp - CMC - Consagous - Convergys - CORDYS - Crompton - CSC - CTS - Cummins - Dell - Deloitte - Delphi-TVS - DeShaw - Deutsche - Dotcom - DRDO - EDS - EIL - ELGI - ELICO - ERICSSON - Essar - Fidelity - Flextronics - Freescale - FXLabs - GAIL - GE - Genpact - Geodesic - Geometric - Globaledge - GlobalLogic - Godrej - Google - Grapecity - HAL - HCL - Hexaware - Honeywell - HP - HPCL - HSBC - Huawei - Hughes - IBM - IBS - ICICI - iGate - Impetus - iNautix - Indian Airforce - Indian Airlines - Infosys - Infotech - Intec - Integra - Intergraph - IOCL - iSOFT - ISRO - Ittiam - JSW - Keane - Kenexa - L & T - L & T Infotech - LG Soft - Lifetree - LionBridge - Mahindra Satyam - Mastek - Maveric - McAfee - MECON - Microsoft - MindTree - Miraclesoft - Mistral - Motorola - Mphasis - MTNL - NIC - Nokia Siemens - Novell - NTPC - Nucleus - ORACLE - Patni - Perot - Polaris - Ramco - Robert Bosch - Samsung - SAP - Sapient - Sasken - SBI - Sierra Atlantic - Sonata - Sony India - Sutherland - Syntel - TCS - Tech Mahindra - VeriFone - Virtusa - Wipro - Zensar.