TCS Interview Experience - Bangalore, 12th march 2015
Online test: 2nd march 2015.
Time allotted: 90 min.
Verbal Ability Test (Email writing): 10 min.
Analytical Ability Test: 30 Questions to be solved in 80 min.
Topics to be stressed on: TDS, time-work, number systems, mixtures & allegations, probability, permutations & combinations, cubes. (Prepare geometry as well)
Results declared on and I was fortunately shortlisted and interview was scheduled on 12th of March 2015 @ Tata Consultancy Services, Think Campus, Electronic City, Phase 2, Bangalore.
Reporting time was 9-10 am.
My interview was at 6:00 pm in evening after waiting for long time.
There supposed to be 3 rounds TR, MR & HR.
But I had TR & MR combined, this is how things went:
Interviewer greeted me & said to sit comfortably he went through resume there was silence for about 40 sec then came the first question.
- What are you good at?
- I replied communication systems.
- Then he asked some Questions related to comm. Systems such as what is modulation, its types, why it is necessary etc etc.
- Then he asked to explain project in details.
(My project was based on VLSI designs used VHDL to program FPGA).
- He then asked some Questions on how FPGA works, diff between FPGA & ASIC, diff between VHDL and Verilog, in which applications FPGA/ASIC is used, then he asked are chips used in mobiles based on VLSI technology and some questions related to that
Later another person joined him, he asked what programming languages you know?
- I answered C, VHDL, Verilog.
- He said how familiar are you with C --> I said, I just know the basics of C
He said what do you mean by basics up to what extent you know --> I know only till pointers and arrays not beyond that.
- He then said that's OK, if I give you a simple program will you be able to write it down --> yeah I can.
- He gave 2 progs: To identify prime no & to reverse a number, he said to explain logic first and then said to write.
- At last he asked MR type Questions: He drew a analog clock and numbered it from 1 to 12 and said to divide it in 3 parts such that each part consist of same numbers and make sure that sum is also same.
He said to explain it in step wise process. Did that. He Said to wait for results.
(Main rejection was in this round)
After 10-12 mins one of the volunteer called out my name guided me to HR.
HR was very cool person as soon as he read my name he said you must be playing cricket --> yeah I do (2-3 min discussion on cricket).
He said to give photocopies of mark sheets and verified it.
He went through my resume and found that I play LAN games (NFS & CS) --> had 10-12 min discussion on most wanted & CS what car you ride, which car you like most, diff between cars, which map you like in CS etc etc. It was great talking to him.
Later he explained about service agreement and said to apply for passport ASAP.
Finally he said your results will be out in 2-3 days keep checking your mail and campus commune portal of TCS.
Luckily next day itself they mailed me offer letter.
3i Infotech - AAI - ABACUS - ABB - Accel Frontline - Accenture - Aditi - Adobe - ADP - Agreeya - Akamai - Alcatel Lucent - Allfon - Alumnus - Amazon - Amdocs - AMI - Andhra Bank - AppLabs - Apps Associates - Aricent - Ashok Leyland - Aspire - Atos Origin - Axes - Bajaj - Bank of Maharashtra - BEL - BEML - BHEL - BirlaSoft - Blue Dart - Blue Star - BOB - BPCL - BPL - Brakes - BSNL - C-DOT - Cadence - Calsoft - Canara Bank - Canarys - Capgemini - Caritor - Caterpillar - CDAC - CGI - Changepond - Ciena - Cisco - Citicorp - CMC - Consagous - Convergys - CORDYS - Crompton - CSC - CTS - Cummins - Dell - Deloitte - Delphi-TVS - DeShaw - Deutsche - Dotcom - DRDO - EDS - EIL - ELGI - ELICO - ERICSSON - Essar - Fidelity - Flextronics - Freescale - FXLabs - GAIL - GE - Genpact - Geodesic - Geometric - Globaledge - GlobalLogic - Godrej - Google - Grapecity - HAL - HCL - Hexaware - Honeywell - HP - HPCL - HSBC - Huawei - Hughes - IBM - IBS - ICICI - iGate - Impetus - iNautix - Indian Airforce - Indian Airlines - Infosys - Infotech - Intec - Integra - Intergraph - IOCL - iSOFT - ISRO - Ittiam - JSW - Keane - Kenexa - L & T - L & T Infotech - LG Soft - Lifetree - LionBridge - Mahindra Satyam - Mastek - Maveric - McAfee - MECON - Microsoft - MindTree - Miraclesoft - Mistral - Motorola - Mphasis - MTNL - NIC - Nokia Siemens - Novell - NTPC - Nucleus - ORACLE - Patni - Perot - Polaris - Ramco - Robert Bosch - Samsung - SAP - Sapient - Sasken - SBI - Sierra Atlantic - Sonata - Sony India - Sutherland - Syntel - TCS - Tech Mahindra - VeriFone - Virtusa - Wipro - Zensar.