Tata Consultancy Services Interview Experience - Nuzvid, Oct15, 2014
This is Venkateswarlu Bonam from Rgukt-Nuzvid of Computer Science Engineering. I am here to share my debut interview experience.
TCS visited our campus on 15th Oct of 2014.
Eligibility Criteria is:
1. 60% in SSC, Intermediate and B.Tech.
2. Not more than a gap of 2 years between above mentioned courses.
3. More than one active backlog is not allowed.
The selection is made on the basis of 3 rounds and every round is a elimination round.
1. Online Aptitude test.
2. Technical Interview.
3. MR & HR Interview.
1. Online Aptitude test:
This test starts with a simple Email writing followed by Aptitude test.
The time given for Email writing is 10 minutes and the tips to write email are,
--> Use all the given words.
--> Type the email address of the recipient correctly.
--> Include a subject-line in your email.
--> Check for spelling and basic grammatical errors.
(ii) Aptitude test:
This test consist of 30 questions with 2 star(*) questions and the duration of the test is 80 minutes. Star questions carry more marks. There is negative marks (1/3) for wrong attempts. So, don't guess the answers.
All 30 questions are from Quantitative Aptitude and Critical Reasoning.
Topics covered in the Aptitude test is,
1. Time and Distance.
2. Time and Work.
4. Number system.
5. Permutations and Combinations.
7. Percentages, Profit & Loss.
8. Geometry and Mensuration.
9. Venn Diagrams.
If you have gone through CAT Aptitude by Arun Sharma and previous TCS papers that is enough but you need to be quick while solving the questions.
Out of 1600 students 292 members cleared the written test and I am one of them.
For Technical interview be prepare with your Resume and interesting academic subjects.
TCS interview panel members are very cool and friendly.
Some of my Technical interview questions are as follows,
1. Tell me about yourself.
2. What is Kernel mode and User mode.
3. OSI layers in Network model and functions of each layer.
4. Difference between Router, Hub and Switch.
5. Difference between DBMS and RDBMS.
6. Normalization, Normal forms and significance of Normalization.
7. Different types of keys in Database.
8. DDL and DML commands.
9. Role of DBA.
10. One SQL query (very easy).
11. Different types of Operating systems.
12. What is Object Oriented DBMS.
13. About my Internship project.
14. Database connection code in Spring MVC frame work. (From my internship)
15. What is your role in Internship project. (Be prepare with this)
Don't get nervous and say confidently. Try to explain with examples.
MR & HR Questions:
1. Tell me about yourself.
2. Your strengths and weaknesses.
3. Short term and Long term goal.
4. Where do you see yourself after five years?
5. Why should I hire you?
6. Are you willing to work any where in India?
7. Are you willing to work in night shifts?
8. Do you know about TCS bond.
I successfully completed the TCS selection process and I received Offer letter from TCS on 30th Oct 2014.
So guys try try try until you get success. Don't depend on the luck. Luck always follows Hard work.
All the best. See you at TCS.
3i Infotech - AAI - ABACUS - ABB - Accel Frontline - Accenture - Aditi - Adobe - ADP - Agreeya - Akamai - Alcatel Lucent - Allfon - Alumnus - Amazon - Amdocs - AMI - Andhra Bank - AppLabs - Apps Associates - Aricent - Ashok Leyland - Aspire - Atos Origin - Axes - Bajaj - Bank of Maharashtra - BEL - BEML - BHEL - BirlaSoft - Blue Dart - Blue Star - BOB - BPCL - BPL - Brakes - BSNL - C-DOT - Cadence - Calsoft - Canara Bank - Canarys - Capgemini - Caritor - Caterpillar - CDAC - CGI - Changepond - Ciena - Cisco - Citicorp - CMC - Consagous - Convergys - CORDYS - Crompton - CSC - CTS - Cummins - Dell - Deloitte - Delphi-TVS - DeShaw - Deutsche - Dotcom - DRDO - EDS - EIL - ELGI - ELICO - ERICSSON - Essar - Fidelity - Flextronics - Freescale - FXLabs - GAIL - GE - Genpact - Geodesic - Geometric - Globaledge - GlobalLogic - Godrej - Google - Grapecity - HAL - HCL - Hexaware - Honeywell - HP - HPCL - HSBC - Huawei - Hughes - IBM - IBS - ICICI - iGate - Impetus - iNautix - Indian Airforce - Indian Airlines - Infosys - Infotech - Intec - Integra - Intergraph - IOCL - iSOFT - ISRO - Ittiam - JSW - Keane - Kenexa - L & T - L & T Infotech - LG Soft - Lifetree - LionBridge - Mahindra Satyam - Mastek - Maveric - McAfee - MECON - Microsoft - MindTree - Miraclesoft - Mistral - Motorola - Mphasis - MTNL - NIC - Nokia Siemens - Novell - NTPC - Nucleus - ORACLE - Patni - Perot - Polaris - Ramco - Robert Bosch - Samsung - SAP - Sapient - Sasken - SBI - Sierra Atlantic - Sonata - Sony India - Sutherland - Syntel - TCS - Tech Mahindra - VeriFone - Virtusa - Wipro - Zensar.