TCS Interview Experience - Ettimadai, Sept 17, 2014
It was a two day process for me which consisted of two rounds :
1. Aptitude Test.
2. Interview (Tech & HR).
The Aptitude Test was about 90 mins. It was divided into two sections. Verbal Elimination Round(10 mins) and Quantitative Aptitude Round (80mins).
In the Verbal Elimination Round, a scenario was given with some key words. We have to write an Email regarding the topic, including all the given key points. The topic given will be simple, but the time is very limited. It requires a lot of practice to complete the email within the stipulated time.
In my opinion, it is more beneficial to do the previous placement papers of TCS for the Quantitative Aptitude Round. There was negative marking for all the 30 questions, and some questions had more weightage.
The interview was on the following day. There were 48 panels with 3 members in each. The interview duration was approximately 20-25 minutes. My Interview Questions are listed below.
1. Tell me about yourself.
2. Did you attend 2012 Placement Drive of TCS? Were you selected? Why didn't
you join then?
3. Are you ready to join TCS now?
4. Usually most of the students will migrate from CBSE to State Board after 10th
Standard. But you did the reverse. What was the motivation for that?
5. How good are you in Java?
6. You told that your father is working abroad. Then why you prefer to work in
7. Will you join TCS if you are asked to work in Kolkata? Are you willing to work
in any location?
8. What is your Aspiration?
9. What is your Long Term Goal?
10. If you get an offer letter of TCS and Cognizant, which will you accept and why?
1. Write the code for Bubble Sort using any programming language. (After writing
the code, he gave me a set of numbers and asked me to illustrate the logic of
my code using the given numbers)
2. Difference between C++ and Java
3. Is java code Portable? Why?
4. Is JVM Portable?
5. Tell me about your project.
6. What is Agile Methodology?
7. Explain Scrum LifeCycle.
8. DBMS Concepts.
9. Difference between DDL and DML.
11. Create an HTML Page to display an image. Asked about the purpose of many
I got selected and I accepted the offer. I hope this information will be useful to you.
3i Infotech - AAI - ABACUS - ABB - Accel Frontline - Accenture - Aditi - Adobe - ADP - Agreeya - Akamai - Alcatel Lucent - Allfon - Alumnus - Amazon - Amdocs - AMI - Andhra Bank - AppLabs - Apps Associates - Aricent - Ashok Leyland - Aspire - Atos Origin - Axes - Bajaj - Bank of Maharashtra - BEL - BEML - BHEL - BirlaSoft - Blue Dart - Blue Star - BOB - BPCL - BPL - Brakes - BSNL - C-DOT - Cadence - Calsoft - Canara Bank - Canarys - Capgemini - Caritor - Caterpillar - CDAC - CGI - Changepond - Ciena - Cisco - Citicorp - CMC - Consagous - Convergys - CORDYS - Crompton - CSC - CTS - Cummins - Dell - Deloitte - Delphi-TVS - DeShaw - Deutsche - Dotcom - DRDO - EDS - EIL - ELGI - ELICO - ERICSSON - Essar - Fidelity - Flextronics - Freescale - FXLabs - GAIL - GE - Genpact - Geodesic - Geometric - Globaledge - GlobalLogic - Godrej - Google - Grapecity - HAL - HCL - Hexaware - Honeywell - HP - HPCL - HSBC - Huawei - Hughes - IBM - IBS - ICICI - iGate - Impetus - iNautix - Indian Airforce - Indian Airlines - Infosys - Infotech - Intec - Integra - Intergraph - IOCL - iSOFT - ISRO - Ittiam - JSW - Keane - Kenexa - L & T - L & T Infotech - LG Soft - Lifetree - LionBridge - Mahindra Satyam - Mastek - Maveric - McAfee - MECON - Microsoft - MindTree - Miraclesoft - Mistral - Motorola - Mphasis - MTNL - NIC - Nokia Siemens - Novell - NTPC - Nucleus - ORACLE - Patni - Perot - Polaris - Ramco - Robert Bosch - Samsung - SAP - Sapient - Sasken - SBI - Sierra Atlantic - Sonata - Sony India - Sutherland - Syntel - TCS - Tech Mahindra - VeriFone - Virtusa - Wipro - Zensar.