TCS Interview Experience - PVPSIT VIJAYAWADA, SEP 10, 2014
2. Technical + HR Interview.
TCS Aptitude (New pattern).
The new aptitude test will consist of 2 tests:
1. Letter Writing.
2. Aptitude General.
The Letter Writing will consist of words, frames to write a formal letter. The words given have to be used in the letter in the exact tense. There will be 10 minutes for this test.
Call-Mother-grandfather-pass away-urgent-leave-pending-10 days.
Write a letter to your boss to grant leave for you.
(This might look simple and short, but the actual test will have more words and the letter will have much more requirements.)
Note: This is the major eliminating test; most of the students will be rejected at this stage.
What you need to do?
1. Be very direct and to the point.
2. Don't add unnecessary words.
3. Proper grammatical usage.
4. Simple English but proper business English.
5. Proper Letter writing Format.
6. Letter should be around 70 words (+/- 10 words).
7. Adjust time, take 3-4 minutes to think of how to frame the letter. Next 5-6 minutes to type and correct the letter and in the last minute do a recheck of spelling, grammar.
8. Do don't include any word in between the phrase given.
9. Don't miss any word, phrase given in the letter.
This section will consist of 30 MCQ Aptitude Questions (Quantitative Aptitude + Reasoning). Time given for this test will be 60 minutes-80 minutes. I can't remember the exact time duration.
Do's and Don't's:
1. Never for practice this test from R.S.Agarwal and associated books. This test will seriously deal with logical and analytical abilities of your mind.
2. Choose any CAT Preparation material
3. 1. Career Launcher
4. Books : Quantum CAT by Sarvesh Verma, Arun Sharma (I personally feel Sarvesh Verma book is much better than Arun Sharma only because it is short and sweet. It has all the important things that need to be known, all tricks, all samples, all formulae's, just everything in a precise manner whereas Arun Sharma is also the same but has an enormous explanation to every topic.).
5. One important book that I need to mention is Number System for the CAT by Nishit K. Sinha. This book only deals with Number System. This book will not only help you for TCS Prep but also for CAT prep if you think for a long run. This is because every aptitude exam will try to play a gamble between the student and the Number System Questions. This is the most unpredictable chapter in Aptitude and can have real tricky, awesome, difficult questions if you are not through with the basics. After reading this book you will analyze how less you knew before.
4. This was all about preparing. You don't need to solve all the problems from these books. But get through all the formulas and tricks given in the book, each and every especially in Number System and Geometry. Try to solve Level " 1 Questions from each chapter at first. If time permits go through the Level-2 Questions.
5. Next and very important is to solve all possible TCS Questions from m4maths. It will have more than 3000 problems with varied difficulties. Take a day off, copy all the questions to MS Word, take a print out and solve them one by one. See the solutions. Most of us have uploaded the answers while we were preparing. ;).
6. Don't mug up questions, answers (It's a request). Just know the flow in which the questions have to be solved and the pattern to solve the questions. Everything (the problem solving procedure) has to be at your fingertips on the D-Day.
7. On the D-Day, be calm as much as possible. Just calm as ice. Don't think of anything.
In our college 266 members qualified for the written test, and I was one among them after 2 days we have Technical round 21 panels were allotted in our campus to interview 266 students.
1) Introduce Yourself?
Always be prepared for that highlight your academic achievements and avoid things which are specified in the resume...
2) Write a program using recursive statement?
3) Explain the execution procedure in C language?
4) What are Storage classes
5) What are the sizes of int , char, strg?
6) What is pointer? any memory allocation?
7) Explain your Project?
Always be clear about your project. be specific abt details of project.
8) What are your weakness?
Be specific with example and reason to overcome.
9) How Inverter works?
10) Suppose u have 2 refrigerators of same specs if 1 fridge got Rs.300 & the other got Rs 200 why??
Actually they will see your approach and the way of thinking.
Ans: I said one is 5 star rated and the other 3 star fridge.
11) He asked me about microprocessor and microcontroller?
Well explained with latest mp in market.
And from the entire interview he looks your confidence levels and the approach to the questions, always don't say I don't know? at-least try to answer. If you don't know how to write program at-least explain the logic... they will try to dominate you.
Be careful and do the best you can..
I was selected for the HR+MR round.
There is a lady sitting and typing something she said can I have your resume
1) Asked about career objective which was specified in the resume?
Always be through about objective.
2) Who inspires you the most?
3) Who is CEO of TCS?
Gathers the details of CEO, CFO, Chairman, vice chairman from the tcs website.
4) Why TCS?
5) Are you interested in Higher studies?
Even if you're interested say NO
6) Where do you want to see your self after 3 years?
Prepare with the best answer.
7) Give any Two reasons to reject you?
Actually the qst is confusing I quickly replied I don't have any I think I'm well qualified for this job.
8) What is diff b/w smart work and hard work.
9) What are your weakness?
10) Are you willing to relocate?
Say anyplace anytime.
11) She explained about bond agreement and she asked any queries?
Ans: Apart from training is there any other training for implementing innovative ideas? she explained something.
At last after 1 day they declared the results and only 70 members got selected and I am one among them.
And Happiness to peaks..
Thank you prepare well.
3i Infotech - AAI - ABACUS - ABB - Accel Frontline - Accenture - Aditi - Adobe - ADP - Agreeya - Akamai - Alcatel Lucent - Allfon - Alumnus - Amazon - Amdocs - AMI - Andhra Bank - AppLabs - Apps Associates - Aricent - Ashok Leyland - Aspire - Atos Origin - Axes - Bajaj - Bank of Maharashtra - BEL - BEML - BHEL - BirlaSoft - Blue Dart - Blue Star - BOB - BPCL - BPL - Brakes - BSNL - C-DOT - Cadence - Calsoft - Canara Bank - Canarys - Capgemini - Caritor - Caterpillar - CDAC - CGI - Changepond - Ciena - Cisco - Citicorp - CMC - Consagous - Convergys - CORDYS - Crompton - CSC - CTS - Cummins - Dell - Deloitte - Delphi-TVS - DeShaw - Deutsche - Dotcom - DRDO - EDS - EIL - ELGI - ELICO - ERICSSON - Essar - Fidelity - Flextronics - Freescale - FXLabs - GAIL - GE - Genpact - Geodesic - Geometric - Globaledge - GlobalLogic - Godrej - Google - Grapecity - HAL - HCL - Hexaware - Honeywell - HP - HPCL - HSBC - Huawei - Hughes - IBM - IBS - ICICI - iGate - Impetus - iNautix - Indian Airforce - Indian Airlines - Infosys - Infotech - Intec - Integra - Intergraph - IOCL - iSOFT - ISRO - Ittiam - JSW - Keane - Kenexa - L & T - L & T Infotech - LG Soft - Lifetree - LionBridge - Mahindra Satyam - Mastek - Maveric - McAfee - MECON - Microsoft - MindTree - Miraclesoft - Mistral - Motorola - Mphasis - MTNL - NIC - Nokia Siemens - Novell - NTPC - Nucleus - ORACLE - Patni - Perot - Polaris - Ramco - Robert Bosch - Samsung - SAP - Sapient - Sasken - SBI - Sierra Atlantic - Sonata - Sony India - Sutherland - Syntel - TCS - Tech Mahindra - VeriFone - Virtusa - Wipro - Zensar.