TCS Placement Paper - Grater noida, September 13, 2014
Note: 1 mark will be deducted for every 3 wrong answer.
1. A Roman was born the first day of the 35th year before Christ and died the first day of the 35th year after Christ. How many years did he live?
(a) 70 (b) 69 (c) 71 (d) 72
2. A horse starts to chase a dog that has left the stable two hours earlier. The horse runs at an average speed of 2km/hr. It crosses a 10-metre road, two small ponds 3 metres deep, and finally runs along two small streets of 200 metres long. After traveling 6 hrs, 2hrs after sunset, it catches the dog. Compute the speed of the dog in Km/hr?
(a) 20 (b) 22 (c) 16.5 (d) 18.5
3. Adam sat with his friends in the Chinnaswamy stadium at Madurai to watch the 100 metres running race organized by the Asian Athletics Association. Five rounds were run. After every round half the teams were eliminated. Finally, one team wins the game. How many teams participated in the race?
(a) 30 (b) 32 (c) 41 (d) 54
4. If an airplane starts at point R and travels 14 miles directly north to S, then 48 miles directly east to T, what is the straight-line distance (in miles) from T to R?
(a) 25 (b) 34 (c) 50 (d) 2500
5. A scientist was researching into animal behavior in his laboratory. He was very interested in studying the behavior of bears. He travelled a mile to the north and reached the north pole. There he saw a bear. He then followed the bear for an 1 hour to the east with a speed of 2km/hr. After that he travelled south and reached his laboratory in 2 hours. What was the colour of the bear?
(a) Black (b) White (c) Red (d) Blue
6. A garrison of 3300 men has provisions for 32 days when supplied at the rate of 850 g per head. At the end of 7 days, a reinforcement arrives, and it is found that the provisions can last for 17 days more when supplied at the rate of 825 g per head. What is the strength of the reinforcement?
(a) 1700 (b) 1000 (c) 3000 (d) 2700
7. Two unemployed young men decided to start a business together. They pooled in their savings, which came to Rs. 2,000. They were both lucky, their business prospered and they were able to increase their capital by 50 per cent every three years. How much did they have in all at the end of eighteen years?
(a) Rs. 22,781.25 (b) Rs. 24,150.25 (c) Rs. 28,140.50 (d) Rs. 18,000
8. A man divides Rs.8600 among 5 sons, 4 daughters and 2 nephews. If each daughter receives four times as much as each nephew, and each son receives five times as much as each nephew, how much does each daughter receive?
(a) Rs.800 (b) Rs.600 (c) Rs.200 (d) Rs.700
9. A train starts full of passengers. At the first station, it drops one-third of the passengers and takes 280 more. At the second station, it drops one-half of the new total and takes 12 more. On arriving at the third station, it is found to have 248 passengers. Find the number of passengers in the beginning.
(a) 240 (b) 248 (c) 280 (d) 288
10. A manufacturer undertakes to supply 2000 pieces of a particular component at Rs.25 per piece. According to his estimates, even if 5% fail to pass the quality tests, then he will make a profit of 25%. However, as it turned out, 50% of the components were rejected. What is the loss to the manufacturer?
(a) Rs.12000 (b) Rs.13000 (c) Rs.14000 (d) Rs.15000
11. In Tnagar many buildings were under residential category.for buildings they number as 1 to 100. For shops, corporation numbered between 150 and 200 only prime numbers. how many time 6 will appear in building numbering?
(a) 10 (b) 20 (c) 8 (d) 19
3i Infotech - AAI - ABACUS - ABB - Accel Frontline - Accenture - Aditi - Adobe - ADP - Agreeya - Akamai - Alcatel Lucent - Allfon - Alumnus - Amazon - Amdocs - AMI - Andhra Bank - AppLabs - Apps Associates - Aricent - Ashok Leyland - Aspire - Atos Origin - Axes - Bajaj - Bank of Maharashtra - BEL - BEML - BHEL - BirlaSoft - Blue Dart - Blue Star - BOB - BPCL - BPL - Brakes - BSNL - C-DOT - Cadence - Calsoft - Canara Bank - Canarys - Capgemini - Caritor - Caterpillar - CDAC - CGI - Changepond - Ciena - Cisco - Citicorp - CMC - Consagous - Convergys - CORDYS - Crompton - CSC - CTS - Cummins - Dell - Deloitte - Delphi-TVS - DeShaw - Deutsche - Dotcom - DRDO - EDS - EIL - ELGI - ELICO - ERICSSON - Essar - Fidelity - Flextronics - Freescale - FXLabs - GAIL - GE - Genpact - Geodesic - Geometric - Globaledge - GlobalLogic - Godrej - Google - Grapecity - HAL - HCL - Hexaware - Honeywell - HP - HPCL - HSBC - Huawei - Hughes - IBM - IBS - ICICI - iGate - Impetus - iNautix - Indian Airforce - Indian Airlines - Infosys - Infotech - Intec - Integra - Intergraph - IOCL - iSOFT - ISRO - Ittiam - JSW - Keane - Kenexa - L & T - L & T Infotech - LG Soft - Lifetree - LionBridge - Mahindra Satyam - Mastek - Maveric - McAfee - MECON - Microsoft - MindTree - Miraclesoft - Mistral - Motorola - Mphasis - MTNL - NIC - Nokia Siemens - Novell - NTPC - Nucleus - ORACLE - Patni - Perot - Polaris - Ramco - Robert Bosch - Samsung - SAP - Sapient - Sasken - SBI - Sierra Atlantic - Sonata - Sony India - Sutherland - Syntel - TCS - Tech Mahindra - VeriFone - Virtusa - Wipro - Zensar.