Tata Consultancy Services - Jaipur, November 19, 2013
Recently TCS came to our campus for recruitment.
As its known, it was a three step procedure.
1) Aptitude test.
2) Tech. Interview.
3) HR interview.
In the Aptitude test:
They divided the batch into various slots.
The Test had two sections:
1) Verbal Ability- 10 minutes
2) Aptitude- 80 minutes
Verbal Ability had nothing but just one question. With given some words-connected and then we had to frame the real possible meaning and then write a formal mail with word limits should be at least more than 50 words.
there were 30 questions, with a few marked as star means carrying more marks than the others. There was 1/3 negative marking on every wrong attempt.
The questions were difficult but not that difficult that you cannot even solve.
Majority of the questions which I remember are:
1) For a triangle, given length of one side=68 cm, second side= 32 cm. Area of the triangle= 960 sq. cm. Find the exact value of third side?
2) From AB as a diameter, a semicircle is drawn, from some random point C on AB, a perpendicular is drawn meeting the semicircle at D. Given AC=2, CD=6, find area of the semicircle?
3) Jack walks faster than Ronny. They walk a distance 24 km. The sum of their speeds=7 km/hr. The sum of the times taken by them to cover that 24km distance =14 hours. Find the speed of JACK??
4) In triangle ABC, given AB= 15, AC= 39, BC= 36. From B, a perpendiculr to AC is dropped meeting side AC at D. With BC as radius, a circle is drawn which meets the sides AB and BC at P and Q respectively. Find AP:QC?
5) A rectangle is sectioned into 4 rectangle. One with area 70, other with area 36, and third with area 20. Find the area of fourth rectangle formed, (This question was very easy as the figure was given).
6) Find- 1*2 +2*2^2 + 3*2^3 + 4*2^4+.................+ 100*2^100
7) Ratio of radii of Cylinder and Cone = 1:2. Their heights are same. Ratio of their Volumes=???
8) A number plate set consists of 4 places. first two for Alphabets and last two for Numerical values. No repetition allowed. How many number plates can be formed?
9) A person works 8 days and rests for one day on 9th day. If he strts his work on Monday, what is the day on his 12th rest?
10)Find the odd one out? 60, 48, 38, 28, 24, 20, 18?
11) 12 towns divided into 4 zones with 3 town in each. Every town of same zone is connected to the town in its zone with 3 direct telephone lines. The town from one zone is connected to town of other zone by one direct line. How many direct lines are required?
12) 16 school team participate. 8000/- is total money to be distributed in prizes. The last team gets 275 prize money. and after that every winning team successively has got 275 plus the previous prize money. How much does the first team get?
13) Find the probability of getting 53 Sundays in a leap year picked randomly.
14) 20 people with two sisters among them want to sit around a round table such that the two sisters are exactly separated by one person sitting in between them. Find the probability.
15) Some question on three basketball teams A, B, C. There were a few relations given among the tallest of the teams and the smallest of the team.
like if x, m , n are the tallest of A, B, C. and w, y, z are the smallest of the teams.
given- x<y; z<w; m<n; x<m.
So what can be certainly said about the teams?
Two statements given-
Any player of A is always smaller than any player of C (TRUE)
The second statement was false. :P
That is all I could pen down exactly.
But most of the questions were from
- Mensuration-geometry etc.
- Time and work
- Basic logical questions
There were a few questions from mixture and Profit loss.
TCS selected a very few from our expectations.
Interview questions were easy to crack, no need to worry, just stay confident and speak good English, with a smile.
All the best! :).
3i Infotech - AAI - ABACUS - ABB - Accel Frontline - Accenture - Aditi - Adobe - ADP - Agreeya - Akamai - Alcatel Lucent - Allfon - Alumnus - Amazon - Amdocs - AMI - Andhra Bank - AppLabs - Apps Associates - Aricent - Ashok Leyland - Aspire - Atos Origin - Axes - Bajaj - Bank of Maharashtra - BEL - BEML - BHEL - BirlaSoft - Blue Dart - Blue Star - BOB - BPCL - BPL - Brakes - BSNL - C-DOT - Cadence - Calsoft - Canara Bank - Canarys - Capgemini - Caritor - Caterpillar - CDAC - CGI - Changepond - Ciena - Cisco - Citicorp - CMC - Consagous - Convergys - CORDYS - Crompton - CSC - CTS - Cummins - Dell - Deloitte - Delphi-TVS - DeShaw - Deutsche - Dotcom - DRDO - EDS - EIL - ELGI - ELICO - ERICSSON - Essar - Fidelity - Flextronics - Freescale - FXLabs - GAIL - GE - Genpact - Geodesic - Geometric - Globaledge - GlobalLogic - Godrej - Google - Grapecity - HAL - HCL - Hexaware - Honeywell - HP - HPCL - HSBC - Huawei - Hughes - IBM - IBS - ICICI - iGate - Impetus - iNautix - Indian Airforce - Indian Airlines - Infosys - Infotech - Intec - Integra - Intergraph - IOCL - iSOFT - ISRO - Ittiam - JSW - Keane - Kenexa - L & T - L & T Infotech - LG Soft - Lifetree - LionBridge - Mahindra Satyam - Mastek - Maveric - McAfee - MECON - Microsoft - MindTree - Miraclesoft - Mistral - Motorola - Mphasis - MTNL - NIC - Nokia Siemens - Novell - NTPC - Nucleus - ORACLE - Patni - Perot - Polaris - Ramco - Robert Bosch - Samsung - SAP - Sapient - Sasken - SBI - Sierra Atlantic - Sonata - Sony India - Sutherland - Syntel - TCS - Tech Mahindra - VeriFone - Virtusa - Wipro - Zensar.