TCS - G H RAISONI COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING, Sept 11, 2013
This time TCS had changed its paper format i, e 1st section having verbal section and the 2nd was Quant.
Friends, its my advice don't waste time studying logical reasoning and data interpretation questions for this company. Also, Verbal was just a formality, i.e we have to write only a mail using a keywords given, you can find that in TCS OpenSeasame pattern on TCS website.
But the question from the Quant section was really of CAT level, one must have a lot of practice for this section, don't get totally rely on are S AGGARWAL. If you want to know the nature of questions practice from TCS old papers given on different website.
Aptitude round was a main eliminator, as out of around 450-500, only 61 was able to crack this round and rest 25 was top 5 from 5 branches. So total 86 students have to face the interview on the next day i.e 12 Sep.
They have called us on 10 pm in college for result declaration.
2nd round: PERSONAL INTERVIEW:
Mainly they have 2 PI but for some students have also faced 4 PI also.
1st interview was TI+MI.
In Technical, most of the questions given from the core subjects of our branch only, but you should have the basic knowledge of 1 or 2 languages also. (They give preference to those candidate having knowledge of computer languages).
In managerial questions was to test your temperament, character. So remain calm with a smile on face IS THE KEY TO get through. :).
2nd interview was HR:
This was the best part of whole selection procedure, questions asked were:
1. Introduce yourself?
2. Why IT? (As I was from core background).
3. Strengths, weakness?
4. Higher studies?
5. Goals after 5 years?
Then he told some formalities. And the interview was over at 12 pm.
Then I was waiting for my 3rd interview, but they didn't called me and the whole interview process was finished at 10 pm.
They have declare result at sharp 11.05 pm and when they called my name I was not able to believe that, such a emotional moment for me. And hurray! I WAS BECOME THE EMPLOYEE OF ASIA'S LEADING IT COMPANY.
THANK YOU INDIA BIX for providing platform to share my story with you all. And also I want to give some advice which I think help me a lot during the process.
1. Please don't think that you can crack apti round without a practice, give at least 20 days to practice this questions it will make a huge difference.
2. Practice only the main sections i.e.
Permutations & Combinations.
- Time and distance.
- Time and Work.
- IQ Level Questions.
- Number System.
- Chain Rule.
- Pipe & Cisterns.
3. Don't think that you can fool the interviewer, they are much experience. You will caught on cross-questioning. If you don't know the answer. Kindly admit it. I personally had very weak technical knowledge and out of 10 questions, I was able to answer. Only 5-6 questions. But got through!
4. Keep practising the hr questions given on this website with answer. It will helps a lot during interview.
5. For your strength and weakness keep a ex. Ready.
6. Get the basic idea of your project, it is definitely asked question in TI.
7. Keep smiling face throughout the interview. This will give the best impression.
8. Beware of negative marking, I had solved only 16 questions out of 30 and cleared.
9. For people having English problem, please give 10-15 days to improve, keep practising in front of mirror, by talking with yourself in English most of the time will really solve the problem.
I have the same problem and I was unable to read one complete sentence in English but I have done hard work and yes it has given me success.
So, don't think it will be impossible to talk in English with the interviewer, give yourself a chance.
GOOD LUCK FRIENDS!HOPE WE WILL MEET AT TCS!
3i Infotech - AAI - ABACUS - ABB - Accel Frontline - Accenture - Aditi - Adobe - ADP - Agreeya - Akamai - Alcatel Lucent - Allfon - Alumnus - Amazon - Amdocs - AMI - Andhra Bank - AppLabs - Apps Associates - Aricent - Ashok Leyland - Aspire - Atos Origin - Axes - Bajaj - Bank of Maharashtra - BEL - BEML - BHEL - BirlaSoft - Blue Dart - Blue Star - BOB - BPCL - BPL - Brakes - BSNL - C-DOT - Cadence - Calsoft - Canara Bank - Canarys - Capgemini - Caritor - Caterpillar - CDAC - CGI - Changepond - Ciena - Cisco - Citicorp - CMC - Consagous - Convergys - CORDYS - Crompton - CSC - CTS - Cummins - Dell - Deloitte - Delphi-TVS - DeShaw - Deutsche - Dotcom - DRDO - EDS - EIL - ELGI - ELICO - ERICSSON - Essar - Fidelity - Flextronics - Freescale - FXLabs - GAIL - GE - Genpact - Geodesic - Geometric - Globaledge - GlobalLogic - Godrej - Google - Grapecity - HAL - HCL - Hexaware - Honeywell - HP - HPCL - HSBC - Huawei - Hughes - IBM - IBS - ICICI - iGate - Impetus - iNautix - Indian Airforce - Indian Airlines - Infosys - Infotech - Intec - Integra - Intergraph - IOCL - iSOFT - ISRO - Ittiam - JSW - Keane - Kenexa - L & T - L & T Infotech - LG Soft - Lifetree - LionBridge - Mahindra Satyam - Mastek - Maveric - McAfee - MECON - Microsoft - MindTree - Miraclesoft - Mistral - Motorola - Mphasis - MTNL - NIC - Nokia Siemens - Novell - NTPC - Nucleus - ORACLE - Patni - Perot - Polaris - Ramco - Robert Bosch - Samsung - SAP - Sapient - Sasken - SBI - Sierra Atlantic - Sonata - Sony India - Sutherland - Syntel - TCS - Tech Mahindra - VeriFone - Virtusa - Wipro - Zensar.