Paper : TCS Placement Paper Pattern 2007 (S I T, TUMKUR)
Paper : TCS Placement Paper Pattern 2007 (S I T, TUMKUR)
This is Debashis Dan of CSE from Siddaganga Institute of Technology, Tumkur, near Bangalore. TCS came to our college on 2nd, 3rd April.
Total no of eligible candidates : 509
Cleared written : 284
Finally selected : 195
Eligibilty criteria in our college : 60% in 10th, 12th, engg.. 2 current backlogs allowed.
Pay : 3.15 lacs per annum
The aptitude test was online. Consisting of 3 sections:
10 synonyms, 10 antonyms , 12 sentence completions.
TOTAL TIME : 20 mins
Some of the words i remember are : (inclusive of synonyms n antonyms)
Suggestion : For this section do all previous year TCS words. But this is not always enough, coz i got some difficult words other than these which were not there in previous year papers. if u've time, better do the wordlists (750 words or so) from barrons... i mean the exercises given.
Sentence completion consisted of 2 passages :
Passage 1: relating to dust harming machines in a factory & its adverse effect on our health...
Passage 2: Investing in shares...
Here there was blanks in the passage where we had to insert the appropriate sentence from the list of given options. Each passage had 6 such blanks to be filled.
Suggestion : My sincere suggection is dont waste more than 4 - 5 minutes on synonyms n antonyms. coz, sentence completion takes a hell lotta time as all the options given are nearly similar n confusing. But u can easily score well in this sent comp part if u do carefully.
Quantitative : 32 questions, 40 mins
Suggestion : For this part do prev year papers very well. almost 90% common questions came. some questions had the data a bit changed.
some which i remember are :
1. whats the largest prime no. that can b stored in an 8-bit memory?
2. In the word SENSATIONAL 1st letter is interchanged with 2nd, 3rd with 4th, 5th with 6th and so on. what is the 10th letter ?
3. In a 2D array, X(9,7) with each element occupying 2 bytes of memory, find the address of X(8,5). Given address of X(1,1) is 3000.
4. Select odd one out : Windows NT, Linux, C++, (some other operating system.. cant recall its name)
5. Select odd one :
6. A man n child can do a work in 6 days. Man can alone do it in 24 days. How long will the child take?
7. Convert 342 (in decimals) to base 5.
8. No. of faces, vertices n edges of a cuboid is : ?
9. If M denotes modulus, R denote round off, T denote truncation, the find the value of :
M(373,5) + R(3.4) + T(7.7) + R(5.8)
10. G(0) = -1, G(1) = 1, G(n) = G(n-1) + G(n-2). then G(5) = ?
11. At a particular place the temperature varies as t^2/2 + 8t + 3. where t is elapsed time. find the temp differnce between 6 pm and 9 pm.
12. which of these set of angles doesnt represent a triangle :
c) 67,22, 90
13. which is a power of 2 among the following :
14. A, B and C are given as :
A = 11011011
B = 01111010
C = 01101101
Find the decimal equivalent value of (AUB)^C where ^ denotes Intersection
15.A, B,C are mechanisms used separately to reduce fuel wastage by 30%, 20 % and 105. what'll b the fuel economy if they were used combined?
16. If $ means tripling and % means change of sign, then find the value of :
%$%9 - $%$9
17. some questions with venn diagram where people speaking hindi, english & bengali were given. 3 questions were asked like how many speak hindi and not english, how many total people were there etc...
18. 3 questions were given on data interpretation using a bar chart nad a pie chart.
Critical reasoning : 3 passages, 12 questions, 30 minutes
Suggestion: Do all the 250 critical reasoning passages from barrons 12th or 13th edition model test papers 1 to 5. u'll get 100% common questions. names may be changed...
my passages were:
1. armenian, latin, celtic language courses......
2. Big university,small college 3 member team. 2 representatives of the big university.....
3. seating arrangement....
its observed, they always give 2 easier and one harder critical reasoning passage.
HEY GUYS, IF U HAVE AN ONLINE TEST, & IF AFTER THE EXAM YOUR PSYCHOMETRIC WINDOW OPENS UP ON THE SCREEN BE ALMOST SURE THAT U HAVE CLEARED THE APTITUDE TEST. otherwise also u can get selected depending on relative performance, but this is an almost instant indication...
1. tell me something about urself...
me : am from kolkata,.. schooling... extra currics... various organizations tht am a member of in college... course in fine arts... fav subjects... He stopped me mid-way
2. how'll u insert an item in a doubly linked list?
3. diff between doubly n singly linked list
4. tell me about the complexity of bubble sort n explain bubble sort method
5. tell me about ur project. ( mine was 2-pass assembler)
6. wht happens in these 2 passes?
7. U r given a number X, u've to divide it by 256 without using any arithmetic operator. how'll u do it?
(Hint: convert it to binary, n then shift 8 places rightwards... as 2^8 is 256)
8. can u write a C program for this?
i said sir am very stressed out now... i'll take a bit time. he smiled n said "ok debashis, u can go. it was nice talkin 2 u. the HR will get back to u soon."
1. seeing my resume , he said u r a bengali huh... so do u like oily food?
i said sir to me its the food tht matters not the quantity of oil in it. he smiled....
2. Tell me something about the Nandigram issue in west bengal n whts ur views on it?
3. Are u for or aginst the creation of SEZs?
i replied in for...
4. Tell me the full form of SEZ?
me: socio-economic zone. he started laughing. (actually it is Special economic Zone)
5. speak on any topic of ur choice for 2 mins. u can sit or stand.
i said i would prefer 2 stand. i spoke upon "should mobiles be banned in offices"
6. any question for me?
i asked sir in PPT we were told something called "assurance systems", can u pl brief me a bit about it.. he didnt know the answer. he said u can keep this question for the HR in the next round
its just a formality. she asked me about myself. the explained me about the 2 year bond breaching of which will lead to a fine of 50,000..also asked if am willing to work anywhere in india..
i said yes. Thts it....
3i Infotech - AAI - ABACUS - ABB - Accel Frontline - Accenture - Aditi - Adobe - ADP - Agreeya - Akamai - Alcatel Lucent - Allfon - Alumnus - Amazon - Amdocs - AMI - Andhra Bank - AppLabs - Apps Associates - Aricent - Ashok Leyland - Aspire - Atos Origin - Axes - Bajaj - Bank of Maharashtra - BEL - BEML - BHEL - BirlaSoft - Blue Dart - Blue Star - BOB - BPCL - BPL - Brakes - BSNL - C-DOT - Cadence - Calsoft - Canara Bank - Canarys - Capgemini - Caritor - Caterpillar - CDAC - CGI - Changepond - Ciena - Cisco - Citicorp - CMC - Consagous - Convergys - CORDYS - Crompton - CSC - CTS - Cummins - Dell - Deloitte - Delphi-TVS - DeShaw - Deutsche - Dotcom - DRDO - EDS - EIL - ELGI - ELICO - ERICSSON - Essar - Fidelity - Flextronics - Freescale - FXLabs - GAIL - GE - Genpact - Geodesic - Geometric - Globaledge - GlobalLogic - Godrej - Google - Grapecity - HAL - HCL - Hexaware - Honeywell - HP - HPCL - HSBC - Huawei - Hughes - IBM - IBS - ICICI - iGate - Impetus - iNautix - Indian Airforce - Indian Airlines - Infosys - Infotech - Intec - Integra - Intergraph - IOCL - iSOFT - ISRO - Ittiam - JSW - Keane - Kenexa - L & T - L & T Infotech - LG Soft - Lifetree - LionBridge - Mahindra Satyam - Mastek - Maveric - McAfee - MECON - Microsoft - MindTree - Miraclesoft - Mistral - Motorola - Mphasis - MTNL - NIC - Nokia Siemens - Novell - NTPC - Nucleus - ORACLE - Patni - Perot - Polaris - Ramco - Robert Bosch - Samsung - SAP - Sapient - Sasken - SBI - Sierra Atlantic - Sonata - Sony India - Sutherland - Syntel - TCS - Tech Mahindra - VeriFone - Virtusa - Wipro - Zensar.