TCS PLACEMENT PAPER (CRITICAL REASONING)
PAPER: TCS PLACEMENT PAPER-4 ( CRITICAL REASONING)
2 passages and each 3 questions.
Passage 1 : Barron's GRE Analytical Ability ->Practice Exercise questions 7-11. ( passage is : The office staff of the XYZ corporation.....) In 1996 edition page number 377. Any way I'm giving the passage for those who do not have Barron's book.
The office staff of the XYZ corporation presently consists of three book keepers (A, B and C) and five secretaries (D,E,F,G, and H). Management is planning to open a new office in another city using 3 secretaries and 2 book keepers of the present staff. To do so they plan to separate certain individuals who do not function well together. The following guidelines were established to set up the new office.
1. Book keepers A and C are constantly finding fault with one another and should not be sent as a team to the new office.
2. C and E function well alone but not as a team. They should be separated.
3. D and G have not been on speaking terms for many months. They should not go together.
4. Since D and F have been competing for promotion, they should not be a team.
1. If A is to be moved as one of the book keeper which of the following CANNOT be a possible working unit?
a. ABDEH b. ABDGH c. ABEFH d. ABEGH e. ABFGH
2. If C and F are moved to the new office , how many combinations are possible?
a. 1 b.2 c.3 d. 4 e. 5
3. If C is sent to new office, which member of the staff CANNOT go with C?
a. B b. D c. F d. G e. H
4. Under the guidelines developed, which of the following MUST go to the new office?
a. B b. D c. E d. G e. H
5. If D is going to the new office which of the following is/are true?
I. C cannot go
II. A cannot go
III. H must also go
a. I only
b. II only
c. I and II only
d. I and III only
e. I, II, III
NOTE : Question paper contains project leads and programmers not book keepers and secretaries.
Passage 2 : Barron's GRE Analytical Ability ->Practice Exercise questions 14-17. ( passage is : After months of talent searching for an .....) In 1996
edition page number 377. Any way I'm giving the passage for those who do not have Barron's book.
After months of talent searching for an administrative assistant to the president of the college the field of applicants has been narrowed down to five (A,B,C,D and E). It was announced that finalist would be chosen after a series of all-day group personal interviews were held. The examining committee agreed upon the following procedure.
1. The interviews will be held once a week.
2. Three candidates will appear at any all-day interview session.
3. Each candidate will appear at least once.
4. If it is necessary to call applicants for additional interviews, no more than one such applicant should be asked to appear the next week.
5. Because of the details in the written applications, it was agreed that whenever candidate B appears, A should also be present.
6. Because of the travel difficulties, it was agreed that C will appear for only one interview.
1. At the first interview, the following candidates appear: A, B and D. Which of the following combinations can be called for the interview to be held the next week?
a. BCD b. CDE c. ABE d. ABC e. ADE
2. Which of the following is a possible combinations for interviews in two consecutive interviews?
a. ABC ; BDE
b. ABD; ABE
c. ADE; ABC
d. BDE; ACD
e. CDE; ABC
3. If A, B and D appear at the interview and D is called for additional interview the following week, which the two candidates may be asked to appear with
a. I and II
b. I and III only
c. II and III only
d. II and IV only
e. III and IV only
4. Which of the following correctly state's the procedure followed by the search committee?
I. After the second interview, all applicants have appeared at least once.
II. The committee sees each applicant a second time.
III. If a third session is held it is possible fir akk
applicants to appear at least twice.
a. I only
b. II only
c. I and II only
d. III only
e. I and III only
3i Infotech - AAI - ABACUS - ABB - Accel Frontline - Accenture - Aditi - Adobe - ADP - Agreeya - Akamai - Alcatel Lucent - Allfon - Alumnus - Amazon - Amdocs - AMI - Andhra Bank - AppLabs - Apps Associates - Aricent - Ashok Leyland - Aspire - Atos Origin - Axes - Bajaj - Bank of Maharashtra - BEL - BEML - BHEL - BirlaSoft - Blue Dart - Blue Star - BOB - BPCL - BPL - Brakes - BSNL - C-DOT - Cadence - Calsoft - Canara Bank - Canarys - Capgemini - Caritor - Caterpillar - CDAC - CGI - Changepond - Ciena - Cisco - Citicorp - CMC - Consagous - Convergys - CORDYS - Crompton - CSC - CTS - Cummins - Dell - Deloitte - Delphi-TVS - DeShaw - Deutsche - Dotcom - DRDO - EDS - EIL - ELGI - ELICO - ERICSSON - Essar - Fidelity - Flextronics - Freescale - FXLabs - GAIL - GE - Genpact - Geodesic - Geometric - Globaledge - GlobalLogic - Godrej - Google - Grapecity - HAL - HCL - Hexaware - Honeywell - HP - HPCL - HSBC - Huawei - Hughes - IBM - IBS - ICICI - iGate - Impetus - iNautix - Indian Airforce - Indian Airlines - Infosys - Infotech - Intec - Integra - Intergraph - IOCL - iSOFT - ISRO - Ittiam - JSW - Keane - Kenexa - L & T - L & T Infotech - LG Soft - Lifetree - LionBridge - Mahindra Satyam - Mastek - Maveric - McAfee - MECON - Microsoft - MindTree - Miraclesoft - Mistral - Motorola - Mphasis - MTNL - NIC - Nokia Siemens - Novell - NTPC - Nucleus - ORACLE - Patni - Perot - Polaris - Ramco - Robert Bosch - Samsung - SAP - Sapient - Sasken - SBI - Sierra Atlantic - Sonata - Sony India - Sutherland - Syntel - TCS - Tech Mahindra - VeriFone - Virtusa - Wipro - Zensar.