TCS PLACEMENT PAPER-25th MAY 2006 (QUANTITATIVE)
PAPER: TCS PLACEMENT PAPER-25th MAY 2006 (QUANTITATIVE)
1. A family, planning a weekend trip, decides to spend not more than a total of 8 hours driving. By leaving early in the morning, they can average 40 miles per hour on the way to their destination. Due to the heavy Sunday traffic, they can average only 30 miles per hour on the return trip. What is the farthest distance from home they can plan to go?
(a) 120 miles or less (b) Between 120and 140 miles (c) 140 miles
(d) Between 140 and 160 miles (e) 160 miles or more
2. A car is filled with four and half gallons of fuel for a round trip. If the amount of fuel taken while going is 1/4 more than the amount taken for coming, what is the amount of fuel consumed while coming back?
(a) Less than 2 gallons (b) 2 gallons (c) 2 1/2 gallons
(d) 3 gallons (e) More than 3 gallons
3. A 3-gallon mixture contains one part S and two parts R. In order to change it to a mixture containing 25% S, how much R should be added?
(a) 1/2 gallon (b) 2/3 gallon (c) 3/4 gallon (d) 1 gallon (e) 1 1/2 gallon
4. A tree grows only 3/5 as fast as the one beside it. In four years the combined growth of the two trees is eight feet. How much does the shorter tree grow in two years?
(a) Less than 2 feet (b) 2 feet (c) 2 1/2 feet
(d) 3 feet (e) more than 3 feet.
5. Wind flows at 160 miles in 330 minutes, for traveling 80 miles how much time does it require?
(a) 1 hour 30 minutes (b) 1 hour 45 minutes (c) 2 hours
(d) 2 hours 45 minutes (e) 3 hours
6. A stationary engine has enough fuel to run 12 hours when its tank is 4/5 full. How long will it run when the tank is 1/3 full?
(a) Less than 2 hours (b) 2 hours (c) 3 hours
(d) 4 hours (e) 5 hours
7. If A is traveling at 72 km per hour on a highway. B is traveling at a speed of 25 meters per second on a highway. What is the difference in their speeds in meters per second?
(a) 1/2 m/sec (b) 1m/sec (c) 1 1/2 m/sec (d) 2 m/sec (e) 3 m/sec
8. A salesperson by mistake multiplied a number and got the answer as 3, instead of dividing the number by 3. What is the answer he should have actually got?
(a) 0 (b) 1/3 (c) 1 (d) 2 (e) 3
9. If the length of a rectangle is increased by 30% and the width is decreased by 20%, then the area is increased by...
(a) 10% (b) 5% (c) 4% (d) 20% (e) 25%
10. In the class of 40 students, 30 speak Hindi and 20 speak English. What is the lowest possible number of students who speak both the languages?
(a) 5 (b) 20 (c) 15 (d) 10 (e) 30
11. The most economical prices among the following prices is:
(a) 10 kilo for Rs.160 (b) 2 kilo for Rs.30 (c) 4 kilo for Rs.70
(d) 20 kilo for Rs.340 (e) 8 kilo for Rs.130
12. A truck contains 150 small packages, some weighing 1 kg each and some weighing 2 kg each. how many packages weighing 2 kg each are in the truck if the total weight of all the packages is 264 kg?
(a) 36 (b) 52 (c) 88 (d) 124 (e) 114
13. A man was arrested for exceeding the speed limit by 10 miles an hour. A second man was charged with exceeding the same limit by twice as much. The second man was driving 35 miles per hour. What was the speed limit?
(a) 10 miles per hour (b) 15 miles per hour (c) 20 miles per hour
(d) 25 miles per hour (e) 30 miles per hour
14. One year ago Pandit was three times his sister's age. Next year he will be only twice her age. How old will Pandit be after five years?
(a) 8 (b) 12 (c) 11 (d) 13 (e) 15
15. If two pencils cost 8 cents, then how much do 5 pencils cost?
(a) 18 cents (b) 20 cents (c) 22 cents (d) 23 cents (e) 24 cents
16. which equation that best suits this curve. a line cuts x at -1 when y=0 and x=0 when y=3 and goes upward
17. a man , woman and a boy jointly did a job in 6 days. a man alone finishes in 10 days, a women alone n finish in 24 days. then how many days the boy can take to finish?
18. for temperature a function is given according to time : ((t**2)/6) + 4t +12.what is the temperature rise or fall between 4.am to 9 am
19. an aero plane starts from a (some latitude is given according to place) at 2 am local time to b (some latitude). traveling time is 10 hours. what is the local time of b when it reaches b
20. a file is transferred from a place to a destination capable of 10 kb . they given some rate of transfer. u have find a equation that best suit this.
21. in a planar cube , the no. of vertices, no of edges and no of faces are
1. 6,6,6 2. 4,8,12
3i Infotech - AAI - ABACUS - ABB - Accel Frontline - Accenture - Aditi - Adobe - ADP - Agreeya - Akamai - Alcatel Lucent - Allfon - Alumnus - Amazon - Amdocs - AMI - Andhra Bank - AppLabs - Apps Associates - Aricent - Ashok Leyland - Aspire - Atos Origin - Axes - Bajaj - Bank of Maharashtra - BEL - BEML - BHEL - BirlaSoft - Blue Dart - Blue Star - BOB - BPCL - BPL - Brakes - BSNL - C-DOT - Cadence - Calsoft - Canara Bank - Canarys - Capgemini - Caritor - Caterpillar - CDAC - CGI - Changepond - Ciena - Cisco - Citicorp - CMC - Consagous - Convergys - CORDYS - Crompton - CSC - CTS - Cummins - Dell - Deloitte - Delphi-TVS - DeShaw - Deutsche - Dotcom - DRDO - EDS - EIL - ELGI - ELICO - ERICSSON - Essar - Fidelity - Flextronics - Freescale - FXLabs - GAIL - GE - Genpact - Geodesic - Geometric - Globaledge - GlobalLogic - Godrej - Google - Grapecity - HAL - HCL - Hexaware - Honeywell - HP - HPCL - HSBC - Huawei - Hughes - IBM - IBS - ICICI - iGate - Impetus - iNautix - Indian Airforce - Indian Airlines - Infosys - Infotech - Intec - Integra - Intergraph - IOCL - iSOFT - ISRO - Ittiam - JSW - Keane - Kenexa - L & T - L & T Infotech - LG Soft - Lifetree - LionBridge - Mahindra Satyam - Mastek - Maveric - McAfee - MECON - Microsoft - MindTree - Miraclesoft - Mistral - Motorola - Mphasis - MTNL - NIC - Nokia Siemens - Novell - NTPC - Nucleus - ORACLE - Patni - Perot - Polaris - Ramco - Robert Bosch - Samsung - SAP - Sapient - Sasken - SBI - Sierra Atlantic - Sonata - Sony India - Sutherland - Syntel - TCS - Tech Mahindra - VeriFone - Virtusa - Wipro - Zensar.