TCS Fresher Job Placement Paper Pattern (Technical & Aptitude) | August 2010
Company Name : TCS
Type : Fresher, Job Interview
Exam/Interview Date : 29-Aug-2010
No of Rounds : Aptitude Test, Technical Round-1
Contributor Name : SACHIN
NUMBER OF ROUNDS : 2
APTITUDE TEST TECHNICAL INTERVIEW
PATTERN:- Total 35 questions .moajoriy of the questions are lengthy but dont havre to worry about that .becoz the you jus hav to identify what the prob is .so practice Rs agarwal. Some of the quetions i remeber is.
1. The three sides of a triangle are given.18, 18 ,28 cms and this traingle is conveted into a square .so what will be the area of the square generated?
Sol:- (17+18=28)/4..then you will get the 1 side of a square .. and now find the area of a square.ie ,side^2
2. An equation of the form 7x+17y+ 3z=54. findthe difference between x intercept and z intercept?
Hint :- :x/a+y/b+z/c=1
Solution:- convert the above equation to dis form. and see the difference between a and c then you ll get the ans.
3. V=IR aplly dis equation ..
4. some age problems with ratio.
5. permutation problems..not remebering xactly..but it was almost like ..there are n people siiting ..find the number of handshakes but no circle handshakes.
6.there are 12 children in a family .the youngest 1 is a boy.then find the probabality of finding boy in the family.
Some more problms in probality.
7. Horse started to chase dog as it relieved stable 2 hrs ago. And horse started to ran with average speed 64km/hr, ( in between so many unwanted stuffs). After traveling 6 hrs,. find the speed of the dog the speed of dog?
first find the distance of horse by speed and time..64*6=384
then dis distance by the dogs time gives the avg speed of dog ie 384/(6+2)=
8.series problrm...but lengthy..no problem.. can find it easily..series of the type..n*2+1 and n*2+2...majority are mixed sreis.
9.average probelms...(work out average section in rs agrawl quatitatve ...qns from 73 to 76)
10. 2 or 3 age realted ratio problems were dere.
11.Questions from area( jus one) length of a room is 10m and width is 6m .. How many tiles are required to fill the entire patio if 44tiles/sq m?
12.Avg wt of class is (some number)kg ..after adding wt of the teacger avg wt of class becomes some number kg then wat is the wt of the teacher??
13.A pizza shop ,there wer 2 kinds of pizzas avalable... but now they,ve introduces 8 new types...... a person buy two diff type pizzas of new type type....in how many ways he can select ??
Ans: 8 X 7=56
14. some ht problems ..logcal problems..like 1000 pillars nd some ssumption given have to see which staemnt true,? (eventhogh question is lenghty answer is simple so dont skip.)
den some fo the age prolems repated..... by jus changing the values and story...
3i Infotech - AAI - ABACUS - ABB - Accel Frontline - Accenture - Aditi - Adobe - ADP - Agreeya - Akamai - Alcatel Lucent - Allfon - Alumnus - Amazon - Amdocs - AMI - Andhra Bank - AppLabs - Apps Associates - Aricent - Ashok Leyland - Aspire - Atos Origin - Axes - Bajaj - Bank of Maharashtra - BEL - BEML - BHEL - BirlaSoft - Blue Dart - Blue Star - BOB - BPCL - BPL - Brakes - BSNL - C-DOT - Cadence - Calsoft - Canara Bank - Canarys - Capgemini - Caritor - Caterpillar - CDAC - CGI - Changepond - Ciena - Cisco - Citicorp - CMC - Consagous - Convergys - CORDYS - Crompton - CSC - CTS - Cummins - Dell - Deloitte - Delphi-TVS - DeShaw - Deutsche - Dotcom - DRDO - EDS - EIL - ELGI - ELICO - ERICSSON - Essar - Fidelity - Flextronics - Freescale - FXLabs - GAIL - GE - Genpact - Geodesic - Geometric - Globaledge - GlobalLogic - Godrej - Google - Grapecity - HAL - HCL - Hexaware - Honeywell - HP - HPCL - HSBC - Huawei - Hughes - IBM - IBS - ICICI - iGate - Impetus - iNautix - Indian Airforce - Indian Airlines - Infosys - Infotech - Intec - Integra - Intergraph - IOCL - iSOFT - ISRO - Ittiam - JSW - Keane - Kenexa - L & T - L & T Infotech - LG Soft - Lifetree - LionBridge - Mahindra Satyam - Mastek - Maveric - McAfee - MECON - Microsoft - MindTree - Miraclesoft - Mistral - Motorola - Mphasis - MTNL - NIC - Nokia Siemens - Novell - NTPC - Nucleus - ORACLE - Patni - Perot - Polaris - Ramco - Robert Bosch - Samsung - SAP - Sapient - Sasken - SBI - Sierra Atlantic - Sonata - Sony India - Sutherland - Syntel - TCS - Tech Mahindra - VeriFone - Virtusa - Wipro - Zensar.