TCS PAPER & INTERVIEW - 24 JAN 2008 - INDORE
I am BHUPESH from MCA.. TCS visited our college on 24th Jan 2008. 252 Students appeared in the online written exams and 152 cleared it. Among 152 approx 100 students cleared Technical Interview out of which 75 students had finally selected.
written exam is divided in three parts..
3) Critical reasoning
it is very clear there is no sessional cut-off..
1) verbal section 10ANTONYMS, 10SYNONYMS, and around 12 fill in the blanks were there.
Most of the antonyms and synonyms were from GRE BARRON'S 12 th edition high frequency word list. But those 12 blanks were not from GRE BARRON'S so it was difficult to answer them.
Here r some Antonyms and synonyms.
Musty=stale, Galleon= ship, Garrulous= talkative, Brochure=pamphlet, Candid= outspoken, Regal= royal, Repudiate=reject, Chimerical=fantastic
Credit X believe false, Quixotic X pragmatic, Admonition X commendation, Precipitate X Dilatory, Inter X bury, Omniscience X Ignorance, Precipitous X Cautious, Protract X shorten, Tenacious X
2) In aptitude test there were 38 questions.. please read the previous papers thoroughly. pattern remains same only just data is changed...
1. In a two-dimensional array, X (9, 7), with each element occupying 4 bytes of memory, with the address of the first element X (1, 1) is 3000; find the address of X (8, 5).
2. In the word ORGANISATIONAL, if the first and second, third and forth, forth and fifth, fifth and sixth words are interchanged up to the last letter, what would be the tenth letter from right?
3. What is the largest prime number that can be stored in an 8-bit memory?
4. Select the odd one out....a. Java b. Lisp c. Smalltalk d. Eiffel.
5. Select the odd one out a. SMTP b. WAP c. SAP d. ARP
6. Select the odd one out a. Oracle b. Linux c. Ingress d. DB2
7. Select the odd one out a. WAP b. HTTP c. BAAN d. ARP
8. Select the odd one out a. LINUX b. UNIX c. SOLARIS d. SQL SEVER
9. Select the odd one out a. SQL b. DB2 c. SYBASE d. HTTP
10. The size of a program is N. And the memory occupied by the program is given by M = square root of 100N. If the size of the program is increased by 1% then how much memory now occupied?
11. A man, a woman, and a child can do a piece of work in 6 days. Man only can do it in 24 days. Woman can do it in 16 days and in how many days child can do the same work? 12. In which of the system, decimal number 184 is equal to 1234?
13. Find the value of the 678 to the base-7.
14. Number of faces, vertices and edges of a cube
15. Complete the series 2, 7, 24, 77,__
16. Find the value of @@+25-++@16, where @ denotes "square" and + denotes "square root".
17. Find the result of the following expression if, M denotes modulus operation, R denotes round-off, T denotes truncation: M(373,5)+R(3.4)+T(7.7)+R(5.8)
18. If TAFJHH is coded as RBEKGI then RBDJK can be coded as?
19. G(0)= -1, G(1)=1, G(N)=G(N-1) - G(N-2), G(5)= ?
20. What is the max possible 3 digit prime number?
21. A power unit is there by the bank of the river of 750 meters width. A cable is made from power unit to power plant opposite to that of the river and 1500mts away from the power unit.The cost of the cable below water is Rs.15/- per meter and cost of cable on the bank is Rs.12/-per meter. Find the total of laying the cable.
22. The size of a program is N. And the memory occupied by the program is given by M = square root of 100N. If the size of the program is increased by 1% then how much memory now occupied?
23. In Madras, temperature at noon varies according to -t^2/2 + 8t + 3, where t is elapsed time. Find how much temperature more or less in 4pm to 9pm.
24. The size of the bucket is N kb. The bucket fills at the rate of 0.1 kb per millisecond. A programmer sends a program to receiver. There it waits for 10 milliseconds. And response will be back to programmer in 20 milliseconds. How much time the program takes to get a response back to the programmer, after it is sent?
25. A man, a woman, and a child can do a piece of work in 6 days. Man only can do it in 24 days. Woman can do it in 16 days and in how many days child can do the same work?
26. If the vertex (5,7) is placed in the memory. First vertex (1,1) `s address is 1245 and then address of (5,7) is ----------
27. Which of the following are orthogonal pairs?
a. 3i+2j b. i+j c. 2i-3j d. -7i+j
28. If VXUPLVH is written as SURMISE, what is SHDVD?
29. If A, B and C are the mechanisms used separately to reduce the wastage of fuel by 30%, 20% and 10%.What will be the fuel economy if they were used combined.
30. What is the power of 2? a. 2068 b.2048 c.2668
31. Complete the series. 3, 8, --, 24, --, 48, 63.
32. Complete the series. 4, -5, 11, -14, 22, --
33. A, B and C are 8 bit no's. They are as follows:
A -> 1 1 0 1 1 0 1 1
B -> 0 1 1 1 1 0 1 0
C -> 0 1 1 0 1 1 0 1 Find ((A-B) u C)=?
34. A Flight takes off at 2 A.M from northeast direction and travels for 11 hours to reach the destination, which is in northwest direction. Given the latitude and longitude of source and destination. Find the local time of destination when the flight reaches there?
35. A can copy 50 papers in 10 hours while both A & B can copy 70 papers in 10 hours. Then for how many hours required for B to copy 26 papers?
36. A is twice efficient than B. A and B can both work together to complete a work in 7 days. Then find in how many days, A alone can complete the work?
37. A finish the work in 10 days. B is 60% efficient than A. So how many days do B takes to finish the work?
38. A finishes the work in 10 days & B in 8 days individually. If A works for only 6 days then how many days should B work to complete A's work? Ans: 3.2 days
39. Given the length of the 3 sides of a triangle. Find the one that is impossible? (HINT: sum of smaller 2 sides is greater than the other one, which is larger)
40. Find the singularity matrix from a given set of matrices?
41. A 2D array is declared as A[9,7] and each element requires 2 byte. If A [1,1] is stored in 3000. Find the memory of A[8,5] ?
42. Sum of slopes of 2 perpendicular st.lines is given. Find the pair of lines from the given set of options, which satisfy the above condition?
43. (a) 2+3i (b)1+i (c) 3-2i (d) 1-7i .Find which of the above is orthogonal.
44. (Momentum*Velocity)/(Acceleration * distance). Find units.
45. The number 362 in decimal system is given by (1362) x in the X System of numbers find the value of X a} 5 b) 6 c) 7 d) 8 e) 9
46. Given $ means Tripling and % means change of sign then find the value of $%$6-%$%6
47. My flight takes of at 2am from a place at 18N 10E and landed 10 Hrs later at a place with coordinates 36N70W. What is the local time when my plane landed?
6:00 am b) 6:40am c) 7:40 d) 7:00 e) 8:00
48. Find the highest prime number that can be stored in an 8 bit Computer?
49. Which of the following set of numbers has the highest Standard deviation?
a)1,0,1,0,1,0 b) -1, -1, -1, -1, -1, -1 c)1,1,1,1,1,1 d) 1,1,0, -1,0, -1
Take Barrons 12th edition and go through all of the model test papers(1-5). Omit the passages containing 1 or 2 qns. Study the pasages with 4 or more qns. The passages and qns are cut ,copy, paste from Barrons. Some times (rarely), they change the names.
I had gone through the previous 40 qn papers in this site and found out which passages were asked. They are:
Model test 1: Section5 - qns 1-4 (motorist), qns 13-16 (red and brown).... Section6 - qns 1-4 (conservative,democratic), qns 8-11 (latin, sanskrit), qns 12-18 (joe,larry,ned), qns 19-22 (a causes b)
Model test 2: Section1 - qns 19-22 (wallachia and rumelia) ---i got this qn, but the names were changed as london and paris, and a,b,c etc were changed as french, italian etc.
Section6 - qns 8-12 (ashland, liverpool), qns 13-16 (spelunker) ---i got this qn, qns 17-22 (pesth) ---i got this one too
Model test 3: Section6 - qns 1-4 (all Gs are Hs)
Model test 4: Section5 - qns 8-11 (horizontal row), qns 19-22 (a,b,c cause d)
Section6 - qns 8-12 (spanish, italian), qns 13-16 (all As, Bs), qns 17-22 (progressive federal party)
Model test 5: Section3 - qns8-11 (museum), qns 19-22 (A is the father)
Section7- qns 1-5 (prahtu, brahtu), qns 21-25 (scurvy)
Analytical section consists of 12 qns to be answered in 30 mins.
PLZZZZZZZZ GO THRU THE 5 MODEL PAPERS OF GRE BARRON’S..
ONLY STUDY THE MODEL PAPERS OF GRE BARRONS 12&13th edition only... you have certainly got para among them..
It was on DBMS. They asked me abut Normalization, queries and many more concepts..
Prepare one core subject. you should know every thing in that subject.
1) Describe ur self?
2) Tell me ur strengths and weakness.
3) What do u expect from TCS?.
4) What do u know about our company?
5) How many times u have visited our web site?
6) Do u know about our 2 year bound.
7) Are u comfortable to go any where?
And many more....
when the result announced my name was in the list..
3i Infotech - AAI - ABACUS - ABB - Accel Frontline - Accenture - Aditi - Adobe - ADP - Agreeya - Akamai - Alcatel Lucent - Allfon - Alumnus - Amazon - Amdocs - AMI - Andhra Bank - AppLabs - Apps Associates - Aricent - Ashok Leyland - Aspire - Atos Origin - Axes - Bajaj - Bank of Maharashtra - BEL - BEML - BHEL - BirlaSoft - Blue Dart - Blue Star - BOB - BPCL - BPL - Brakes - BSNL - C-DOT - Cadence - Calsoft - Canara Bank - Canarys - Capgemini - Caritor - Caterpillar - CDAC - CGI - Changepond - Ciena - Cisco - Citicorp - CMC - Consagous - Convergys - CORDYS - Crompton - CSC - CTS - Cummins - Dell - Deloitte - Delphi-TVS - DeShaw - Deutsche - Dotcom - DRDO - EDS - EIL - ELGI - ELICO - ERICSSON - Essar - Fidelity - Flextronics - Freescale - FXLabs - GAIL - GE - Genpact - Geodesic - Geometric - Globaledge - GlobalLogic - Godrej - Google - Grapecity - HAL - HCL - Hexaware - Honeywell - HP - HPCL - HSBC - Huawei - Hughes - IBM - IBS - ICICI - iGate - Impetus - iNautix - Indian Airforce - Indian Airlines - Infosys - Infotech - Intec - Integra - Intergraph - IOCL - iSOFT - ISRO - Ittiam - JSW - Keane - Kenexa - L & T - L & T Infotech - LG Soft - Lifetree - LionBridge - Mahindra Satyam - Mastek - Maveric - McAfee - MECON - Microsoft - MindTree - Miraclesoft - Mistral - Motorola - Mphasis - MTNL - NIC - Nokia Siemens - Novell - NTPC - Nucleus - ORACLE - Patni - Perot - Polaris - Ramco - Robert Bosch - Samsung - SAP - Sapient - Sasken - SBI - Sierra Atlantic - Sonata - Sony India - Sutherland - Syntel - TCS - Tech Mahindra - VeriFone - Virtusa - Wipro - Zensar.