TCS PAPER & INTERVIEW - 10 APR 2007 - BELLARY
I am Vishwanath gouda B. I got selected to TCS. My written exam was on 10th April 2007 and technical round was held on 11th April 2007. 280 students were written the written test, out of which 80 of them are selected for technical round and finally after the technical, MR, HR round 38 were selected and I am one among them.
The pattern of question paper obtained to me is given below. It may be helpful to u.
The paper was as usual 3 sections
I. Verbal Ability
[Synonyms (10M) + Antonyms (10M) + Two passages are there each carries 6M (2 X 6 = 12)]
GRE Barron's is enough for this section
Some of the synonyms are
II. Quantitative & logical
1) A plane moves from 9°N40°E to 9°N50°W. If the plane starts at 5 am and takes 8 hours to reach the destination, find the local arrival time. Since it is moving from east to west longitide we need to add both ie,40+50=90 multiply the ans by 4(here 1 deg longitude=4min)
90*4=360 min =6hr
2) A, B and C are 8 bit no's. They are as follows:
A -> 1 1 0 0 0 1 0 1
B -> 0 0 1 1 0 0 1 1
C -> 0 0 1 1 1 0 1 0 ( - =minus, u=union=or)
Find ((A - C) u B) =?
3) We have to find (A-C) U B To find A-C, We will find 2's compliment of C and them add it with A, That will give us (A-C)
2' s compliment of C=1's compliment of C+1=11000101+1 =11000110
A-C=11000101+11000110 =10001001 Now (A-C) U B is .OR. logic operation on (A-C) and B
10001001 .OR . 00110011 The answer is = 10111011
Whose decimal equivalent is 187.
4) Which of the following is power of 4 a) 2345 b) 9875 c) 4096 d) 9833
5) The size of a program is N. And the memory occupied by the program is given by M = square root of 100N. If the size of the program is increased by 1% Then M=sqrt(101 * N)
6) MATCH THE FOLLOWING
1)SCOOTER --------- AUTOMOBILE A. A PART OF
2.OXYGEN----------- WATER B. B Type of
3.SHOP STAFF------- FITTERS C. NOT A TYPE OF
4. BUG -------------REPTILE D. A SUPERSET OF
1)B 2)A 3)D 4)C
7) Match the following (similar to this)
1. Male - Boy ---> a. A type of
2. Square - Polygon ---> b. A part of
3. Roof - Building ---> c. Not a type of
4. Mushroom - Vegetables ---> d. A superset of
Ans: 1- d, 2- a, 3- b, 4- c
8) In Madras, temperature at noon varies according to -t^2/2 + 8t + 3, where t is elapsed time. Find how much temperature more or less in 4pm to 9pm. Ans. At 9pm 7.5 more
In equestion first put t=9, we will get 34.5.........(1)
now put t=4, we will get 27.............(2)
so ans=34.5-27 =7.5
9) Which of the following are orthogonal pairs?(data was changed)
a. 3i+2j b. i+j
c. 2i-3j d. -7i+j
ANS: (A)& (C).
10) (data was changed) In the word ORGANISATIONAL, if the first and second, third and forth, fifth and sixth words are interchanged up to the last letter, what would be the tenth letter from left?
11) Complete the series. 4, -5, 11, -14, 22, -- Ans: -27(similar Series)
12) (Momentum*Velocity)/(Acceleration * distance). Find units.
Ans: mass (Similar to this)
13) The size of the bucket is N kb. The bucket fills at the rate of 0.1 kb per millisecond. A programmer sends a program to receiver. There it waits for 10milliseconds. And response will be back to programmer in 20 milliseconds. How much time the program takes to get a response back to the programmer, after it is sent? ANS: 30milisecond
14) Number of faces, vertices and edges of a cube Ans: 6 8 12
15) 1.JAVA 2.unix 3.solaries 4.linux (java)
1.smalltalk,eifell,oracle, http (http) (similar to this)
16) Which will give good standard deviation (Data was Changed)
1. (3,0,-3,0,3,3) 2. (3,-3,3,-3,3,-3) 3. (3,0,-3,0,3,3) 4.(3,3,3,3,3,3) ans(2)
17) What is the value of (Data was changed) M(373, 10) + R(6.8) -T(3.4) + R( 3.4) M- MODULAS R- ROUNDOFF T- TRUNCATE
18) One bar chart was given and 4 questions were based on that.
19) one set problem(ven diagram) with figure was there, on that 4 problems were based.
20) one curve was given which was e-x curve(I got the diagram which is related to the equation y=x+3
21) In a two-dimensional array, X(9,7), with each element occupying 8 bytes of memory, with the address of the first element X(1,1) is 3000, find the address of X(8,5).
22) largest prime no. in 6 bit computer. Ans:61(2^6=64 the nearest prime is 61)
23) If g (0)=-1,g (1)=1 and g (n)= g (n-1) + g (n -2). Find g (6)
24) Find the singularity from a given set of matrices? (Hint det (A)==0)
a) 2 0 b) 5 -3 c) 4 6 d) 3 4
3 5 - 5 3 3 7 2 0
a) c b) a c) b d) d (ans c)
25) A can copy 50 papers in 10 hours while both A & B can copy 70 papers in 10 hours. Then for how many hours required for B to copy 26 papers?
a) 13 hrs b) 18hrs c) 12hrs d) 15hrs.(ans a)
26) A power unit is there by the bank of the river of 900 mtr width. a cable is made from power unit to power a plant opposite to that of the river and 3000 mtr away from the power unit. The cost of the cable bellows water Rs5 / mtr and cost of cable on the bank is Rs 4/ mtr. Find the pt where the cable cut through the river.
1.2800 2. 3000 3. 2100 4.3900
27) If A, B, C are the mechanisms used separately to reduce the wastage of fuel by 30%, 20%, 10%. What will be the fuel economy if they were used combine?
1)68.4 2)62.2 3)49.6 4)50.4 (ans 3)
28) Which shape will be obtained by using the following values for X and Y
X 0 10 100 1000 9999
Y 0.00001 1.02 1.72 3.00 4.72
Ans: Y= log10(X)
29) What is the value of the expression % # % (6) + # % # (6)
Where % means DOUBLING and # means change of sign
30) A sequence of letters is given. We've to find out how many V's are there under the condition that, S should be followed by V and should not be followed by F....
V,S,F,T,W,E,L,B,V,S,L,L,K,S,V,F,M,S,V,,L,S,D,I,...... Like that(1)
III. Critical reasoning (12M)
In critical section there are three passages, each passage carries 4 marks.
Large University J,K,L
Small College M,N,O,P
Which represents 3 groups among which 2 should be from larger university. I remember this much of passage
Basket Ball players honored for lunch they should be seated on the dais along one side of single rectangular table, I remember this much of passage
One i got about seating arrangement passage
My interview was on 11th of april 2007. In my panel one gentleman. He took the interview to me. My technical was around 30 minutes. He asked the following questions.
1. Tell me about your self?
2. What are your favorite subjects?
3. What is the difference between C and C++
4. architecture of 8085 and 8086
5. clock frequency of 8085 and 8086 ?
6. what is amplitude, frequency modulation?
7. what is nyquist rate?
8. what is pointer?
9. what is thyristor?
10.what is triac and diac?
12.what is structure, functions?
13.difference between 8085 and 8086?
14.what is communication?
15.why would u like to join tcs?
16.why should we hire you?
Than he asked me about my hobbies.
And I answered for the questions upto the mark. Finally what I suggest is plz be cool and loose ur tense. Be straight and look into the eyes of interviewer. Show ur body language also.
My interview was on 11th of April 2007. In my M.R panel also one gentleman. I think interviewer was a project Manager. He was very friendly in nature. Don't think M.R is H.R round. It contains both tech & HR questions. Be prepared technical questions very well.
He asked me 2 to 3 puzzle questions.
2. Tell me about yourself?
3. He asked my strengths?
4. I said one of my strength was good leader ship quality.
5.which are the places in the bellary to visit?
6.what is ur weakness?
7.He asked me the hobbies?
8.he asked me the puzzles?
H.R interview: This is my final round in TCS. Here the interviewer were two ladies. I was cool and confident in answering the questions. Once again they asked about the strength, weakness, hobbies.
I have completed all the rounds at 2:30 pm. At 9 pm the results are announced and I was one among them.
3i Infotech - AAI - ABACUS - ABB - Accel Frontline - Accenture - Aditi - Adobe - ADP - Agreeya - Akamai - Alcatel Lucent - Allfon - Alumnus - Amazon - Amdocs - AMI - Andhra Bank - AppLabs - Apps Associates - Aricent - Ashok Leyland - Aspire - Atos Origin - Axes - Bajaj - Bank of Maharashtra - BEL - BEML - BHEL - BirlaSoft - Blue Dart - Blue Star - BOB - BPCL - BPL - Brakes - BSNL - C-DOT - Cadence - Calsoft - Canara Bank - Canarys - Capgemini - Caritor - Caterpillar - CDAC - CGI - Changepond - Ciena - Cisco - Citicorp - CMC - Consagous - Convergys - CORDYS - Crompton - CSC - CTS - Cummins - Dell - Deloitte - Delphi-TVS - DeShaw - Deutsche - Dotcom - DRDO - EDS - EIL - ELGI - ELICO - ERICSSON - Essar - Fidelity - Flextronics - Freescale - FXLabs - GAIL - GE - Genpact - Geodesic - Geometric - Globaledge - GlobalLogic - Godrej - Google - Grapecity - HAL - HCL - Hexaware - Honeywell - HP - HPCL - HSBC - Huawei - Hughes - IBM - IBS - ICICI - iGate - Impetus - iNautix - Indian Airforce - Indian Airlines - Infosys - Infotech - Intec - Integra - Intergraph - IOCL - iSOFT - ISRO - Ittiam - JSW - Keane - Kenexa - L & T - L & T Infotech - LG Soft - Lifetree - LionBridge - Mahindra Satyam - Mastek - Maveric - McAfee - MECON - Microsoft - MindTree - Miraclesoft - Mistral - Motorola - Mphasis - MTNL - NIC - Nokia Siemens - Novell - NTPC - Nucleus - ORACLE - Patni - Perot - Polaris - Ramco - Robert Bosch - Samsung - SAP - Sapient - Sasken - SBI - Sierra Atlantic - Sonata - Sony India - Sutherland - Syntel - TCS - Tech Mahindra - VeriFone - Virtusa - Wipro - Zensar.