TCS PAPER & INTERVIEW - 29 SEP 2007 DELHI
This is Atul Bindlish. I have completed B.E in Comp.Science & Engg branch from Govt.Engg Collge Bikaner
I was searching job in Noida from 3 Months. Then I got call from TCS in Sep 24. The Aptitude test was on 29th & 30th Sep 2007 in Delhi Maharaja Agrasen College. On 3rd Oct I get result and there are 2000 people short listed for Technical
Technical Round was in Noida and Gurgaon. On 6th and 7th Oct 2007.
Ist Verbal Section (32 questions and time = 20 minutes)
Quixotic - romantic
Jettison - throw over board
Protean - versatile
Assuage - easy, satisfy, soothe
Fidelity - loyalty
Demise - death
Nettle - vex, annoy
Moratorium - legal delay of payment, suspension
Repine - Quench complaint
Mellifluous - smooth x harsh
1. Nettle (ANT)
1 passage in which 6 blanks are provided and there are 9 options. So we have to fill right 6 sentence according to passage. Then 1 big passage on some paintings and 6 questions on that
IInd Section Quantitative Aptitude (38 questions Time =40 minutes)
If you prepare these 200 questions then you get sure success plz do it... it is my personal experience ..
Quantitative Aptitude Questions
1. One Rectangular plate with length 8 inches breadth 11 inches and 2 inches thickness is there. What is the length of the circular rod with diameter 8 inches and equal to volume of rectangular plate ?
ans: 3.5 inches
2. What is the Number of zeros at the end of the product of the numbers from 1 to 100.
3. In some game 139 members have participated every time one fellow will get out. What is the number of matches to choose the champion to be held?
4. One fast typist type some matter in 2hr and another slow typist type the same matter in 3hr. If both do combine in how much time they will finish.
ans: 1hr 12min
5. In 8*8 chess board what is the total number of squares.
6. Falling height is proportional to square of the time. One object falls 64cm in 2sec than in 6sec from how much height the object will fall.
7. Gavaskar average in first 50 innings was 50. After the 51st innings his average was 51 how many runs he made in the 51st innings.
8. 2 oranges, 3 bananas and 4 apples cost Rs.15 . 3 oranges 2 bananas 1 apple costs Rs 10. what is the cost of 3 oranges, 3 bananas and 3 apples
ans: Rs 15.
9. In 80 coins one coin is counterfeit what is minimum number of weightings to find out counterfeit coin
10. In a company 30% are supervisors and 40% employees are male. If 60% of supervisors are male. What is the probability that a randomly chosen employee is a male or female?
11. Two pencils costs 8 cents, then 5 pencils cost how much
12. A work is done by the people in 24 min. one of them can do this work a lonely in 40 min. how much time required to do the same work for the second person.
13. For a round trip, a car used 4 1/2 gallons of gasoline. If it used 1/4 more gasoline going than coming back, how much gasoline was used coming back?
ans: 2 gallons
14. low temperature at the night in a city is 1/3 more than 1/2 hinge as higher temperature in a day. sum of the low temp and highest temp is 100C. then what is the low temperature
ans: 40 C
15. A person who decided to go weekend trip should not exceed 8 hours driving in a day Average speed of forward journey is 40 mph. due to traffic in sundays, the return journey average speed is 30 mph. how far he can select a picnic spot
ans: 120 miles
16. A sales person multiplied a number and get the answer is 3, instead of that number divided by 3. what is th answer he actually has to get ?
17. A ship started from port and moving with I mph and another ship started from L and moving with H mph. At which place these two ships meet ?
ans is between I and J and close to J
port G H I J K L
18. A building with hight D ft shadow upto G A neighbor building with what height shadow C ft is
ans: B ft
A B C D E F G H
19. A person was fined for exceeding the speed limit by 10 mph. Another person was also fined for exceeding the same speed limit by twice the same. If the second person was traveling at a speed of 35 mph. Find the speed limit
ans: 15 mph
20. A bus started from bustand at 8.00a m and after 30 min staying at destination, it returned back to the bustand. the destination is 27 miles from the bustand. the speed of the bus 50 percent fast speed. At what time it retur4ns to the bustand
21. In a mixture, R is 2 parts, S is 1 part. in order to make S to 25% of the mixture, how much R is to be added
ans: one part
22. Wind flows 160 miles in 330 min, for 80 miles how much time required.
23. With 4/5 full tank vehicle travels 12 miles, with 1/3 full tank how much distance travels
ans: 5 miles
24. A man on a motorcycle rides 110 miles in 330 minutes. What is his average speed in miles per hour?
25. A stationary engine has enough fuel to move 12 hours when its tank is 4/5 full, how much hours will it run when the tank is 1/3 full
ans: 5 hours
26. The centre of a storm shifts 22.5 miles in 1 hour. At the same rate what time will it take to move 60 miles?
ans: 2 2/3 hours
27. A 3 gallon mixture contains one part S and two parts R. In order to change it to mixture containing 25% S, how much R should be added?
ans: 1 gallon
28. A tree grows only 3/5 as fast as the one beside it. In four years the combined growth of the two trees is eight feet. How much does the shorter tree grow in two years
ans: Less than 2 feet
29. An ocean liner L miles from port steams toward port at 11 miles per hour. Another ship leaves the same port and steams toward the ocean liner at 1 miles per hour. How many miles away from the port will they meet?
ans: Between I and J, closer to J
30. There are 150 weights .Some are 1 kg weights and some are 2 kg weights. The sum of the weights is 260.What is the number of 1kg weights? Ans. 40
31. A is driving on a highway when the police fines him for over speeding and exceeding the limit by 10 km/hr. At the same time B is fined for over speeding by twice the amount by which A exceeded the limit. If he was driving at 35 km/hr what is the speed limit for the road? Ans. 15 kmph
32. A moves 3 kms east from his starting point . He then travels 5 kms north. From that point he moves 8 kms to the east. How far is A from his starting point? Ans. 13 kms
33. A car travels 12 kms with a 4/5th filled tank. How far will the car travel with 1/3 filled tank? Ans. 5 kms
34. The sum of the digits of a two digit number is 8. When 18 is added to the number, the digits are reversed. Find the number? Ans. 35
35. The cost of one pencil, two pens and four erasers is Rs.22 while the cost of five pencils, four pens and two erasers is Rs.32.How much will three pencils, three pens and three erasers cost? Ans. 27
36. Fathers age is 5 times his son's age. 4 years back the father was 9 times older than son. Find the fathers' present age. Ans. 40 years
37. What number should be added to or subtracted from each term of the ratio 17 : 24 so that it becomes equal to 1 : 2.Ans. 10 should be subtracted
38. What is the 12th term of the series 2, 5, 8, --Ans. 35
39. If 20 men take 15 days to to complete a job, in how many days can 25 men finish that work? Ans. 12 days
40. In a fraction, if 1 is added to both the numerator at the denominator, the fraction becomes 1/2. If numerator is subtracted from the denominator, the fraction becomes 3/4. Find the fraction. Ans. 3/7
41. If Rs.1260 is divided between between A, B and C in the ratio 2:3:4, what is C's share? Ans. Rs. 560
42. A shopkeeper bought a watch for Rs.400 and sold it for Rs.500.What is his profit percentage? Ans. 25%
43. What percent of 60 is 12?Ans. 20%
44. Hansie made the following amounts in seven games of cricket in India: Rs.10, Rs.15, Rs.21, Rs.12, Rs.18, Rs.19 and Rs.17(all figures in crores of course). Find his average earnings. Ans. Rs.16 crore
45. There are 150 weights .Some are 1 kg weights and some are 2 kg weights. The sum of the weights is 260.What is the number of 1kg weights?
46. A family, planning a weekend trip, decides to spend not more than a total of 8 hours driving. By leaving early in the morning, they can average 40 miles per hour on the way to their destination. Due to the heavy Sunday traffic, they can average only 30 miles per hour on the return trip. What is the farthest distance from home they can plan to go?
(a) 120 miles or less (b) Between 120and 140 miles (c) 140 miles
(d) Between 140 and 160 miles (e) 160 miles or more
47. A car is filled with four and half gallons of fuel for a round trip. If the amount of fuel taken while going is 1/4 more than the amount taken for coming, what is the amount of fuel consumed while coming back?
(a) Less than 2 gallons (b) 2 gallons (c) 2 1/2 gallons
(d) 3 gallons (e) More than 3 gallons
48. A 3-gallon mixture contains one part S and two parts R. In order to change it to a mixture containing 25% S, how much R should be added?
(a) 1/2 gallon (b) 2/3 gallon (c) 3/4 gallon (d) 1 gallon (e) 1 1/2 gallon
49. A tree grows only 3/5 as fast as the one beside it. In four years the combined growth of the two trees is eight feet.
How much does the shorter tree grow in two years?
(a) Less than 2 feet (b) 2 feet (c) 2 1/2 feet (d) 3 feet (e) more than 3 feet.
50. Wind flows at 160 miles in 330 minutes, for traveling 80 miles how much time does it require?
(a) 1 hour 30 minutes (b) 1 hour 45 minutes (c) 2 hours (d) 2 hours 45 minutes (e) 3 hours
51. A stationary engine has enough fuel to run 12 hours when its tank is 4/5 full. How long will it run when the tank is 1/3 full?
(a) Less than 2 hours (b) 2 hours (c) 3 hours (d) 4 hours (e) 5 hours
52. If A is traveling at 72 km per hour on a highway. B is traveling at a speed of 25 meters per second on a highway. What is the difference in their speeds in meters per second?
(a) 1/2 m/sec (b) 1 m/sec (c) 1 1/2 m/sec (d) 2 m/sec (e) 3 m/sec
53. A salesperson by mistake multiplied a number and got the answer as 3, instead of dividing the number by 3. What is the answer he should have actually got?
(a) 0 (b) 1/3 (c) 1 (d) 2 (e) 3
54. If the length of a rectangle is increased by 30% and the width is decreased by 20%, then the area is increased by-.
(a) 10% (b) 5% (c) 4% (d) 20% (e) 25%
55. In the class of 40 students, 30 speak Hindi and 20 speak English. What is the lowest possible number of students who speak both the languages?
(a) 5 (b) 20 (c) 15 (d) 10 (e) 30
56. The most economical prices among the following prices is:
(a) 10 kilo for Rs.160 (b) 2 kilo for Rs.30 (c) 4 kilo for Rs.70
(d) 20 kilo for Rs.340 (e) 8 kilo for Rs.130
57. A truck contains 150 small packages, some weighing 1 kg each and some weighing 2 kg each. how many packages weighing 2 kg each are in the truck if the total weight of all the packages is 264 kg?
(a) 36 (b) 52 (c) 88 (d) 124 (e) 114
58. A man was arrested for exceeding the speed limit by 10 miles an hour. A second man was charged with exceeding the same limit by twice as much. The second man was driving 35 miles per hour. What was the speed limit?
(a) 10 miles per hour (b) 15 miles per hour (c) 20 miles per hour
(d) 25 miles per hour (e) 30 miles per hour
59. One year ago Pandit was three times his sister's age. Next year he will be only twice her age. How old will Pandit be after five years?
(a) 8 (b) 12 (c) 11 (d) 13 (e) 15
60. If two pencils cost 8 cents, then how much do 5 pencils cost?
(a) 18 cents (b) 20 cents (c) 22 cents (d) 23 cents (e) 24 cents
61. A is driving on a highway when the police fines him for overspeeding and exceeding the limit by 10 km/hr.At the same time B is fined for overspeeding by twice the amount by which A exceeded the limit.If he was driving at 35 km/hr what is the speed limit for the road?
Ans. 15 kmph
62. A moves 3 kms east from his starting point. He then travels 5 kms north. From that point he moves 8 kms to the east.How far is A from his starting point?
Ans. 13 kms
63. A car travels 12 kms with a 4/5th filled tank.How far will the car travel with 1/3 filled tank?
Ans. 5 kms
64. The sum of the digits of a two digit number is 8. When 18 is added to the number, the digits are reversed. Find the number?
65. The cost of one pencil, two pens and four erasers is Rs.22 while the cost of five pencils, four pens and two erasers is Rs.32.How much will three pencils, three pens and three erasers cost?
66. Fathers age is 5 times his son's age. 4 years back the father was 9 times older than son.Find the fathers' present age.
Ans. 40 years
67. What number should be added to or subtracted from each term of the ratio 17 : 24 so that it becomes equal to 1 : 2.
Ans. 10 should be subtracted
68. What is the 12th term of the series 2, 5, 8, --
69. If 20 men take 15 days to to complete a job, in how many days can 25 men finish that work?
Ans. 12 days
70. In a fraction, if 1 is added to both the numerator at the denominator, the fraction becomes 1/2. If numerator is subtracted from the denominator, the fraction becomes 3/4. Find the fraction.
71. If Rs.1260 is divided between between A, B and C in the ratio 2:3:4, what is C's share?
Ans. Rs. 560
72. A shopkeeper bought a watch for Rs.400 and sold it for Rs.500.What is his profit percentage?
73. What percent of 60 is 12?
74. Hansie made the following amounts in seven games of cricket in India: Rs.10, Rs.15, Rs.21, Rs.12, Rs.18, Rs.19 and Rs.17(all figures in crores of course).Find his average earnings.
Ans. Rs.16 crore
75. if the word 'ddosszm' is changed to 'central' then what will be the change for 'rtjbl' ?
76. what is the largest prime number in 8 digit number?
77. the word unimpressive was given.they asked us to do change 1st & 2nd,3rd & 4th,so on.then they asked what will be 10th letter from right?
78. the plane question was asked.it took off from 7 degree 53' 6.1'' and landed at 8 degree 6' 43.5''.it takes 12 hours to travel between these points.then what will be local time at destination ?[just follow previous ques paper the problem was same
79. g=1,g=-1,g[n]=2*g[n-1]-3*g[n-2] then calculate g= ?
80. the series was asked : 5,6,7,8,10,11,14,-?
81. they asked the temperature problem.it was same as previous papers.the ratio was -t*t/6+4t+12.
82. the ques on a man,a woman and a boy finish work together in 6 days.man takes 10 days,woman takes 24 days then how much boy will take?
83. the matrix of a(7,9) was given.the address of the first byte of a(1,1)=1258.it takes 4 bytes to store the nuymber.then calculate the address of the last byte of a(5,8)
84. the program requires 4000(n)1/2 [ie square root of n].if size of program was increased by 1% then calculate the percentage change in size of program.
85. modulo(373,7)+round(5.8)+truncat(7.2)-round(3.4) = ?
ans : 12
86. (imp) the bucket size is 10KB.it takes 0.0001 KB/milisec to fill bucket.the bucket takes 100 or 1000 milisec to reach to destination.it takes 100 milisec to pass acknowledgement from dest to source.so calculate how much time will it take to pass N KB, write formula.
89. the graph was given.the x and y axes were there.the line is intersecting them. the points of intersection were y=3,x=0 and x=-2,y=0.write the equation of line.
90. the decimal number was given.it was converted to other system.they asked to identify the
91. Two pencils costs 8 cents, then 5 pencils cost how much?
Sol: 2 pencils è 8 cents => 1 pencil -> 4 cents
Therefore 5 pencils cost = 5 * 4 = 20 cents
92. A work is done by two people in 24 min. one of them can do this work a lonely in 40 min. how much time required to do the same work for the second person?
Sol: (A+B) can do the work in = 1/24 min.
A alone can do the same work in = 1/40 min.
B alone can do the same work in = (A+B)'s - A's = 1/24 - 1/40 = 1/60
Therefore, b can do the same work in = 60 min
93. A car is filled with four and half gallons of oil for full round trip. Fuel is taken 1/4 gallon more in going than coming. What is the fuel consumed in coming up?
Sol Before the trip, car is filled with = 4 ½ gallon of oil
Let 'X' be the quantity of fuel consumed for the trip in one direction
The fuel consumed while going = X + ¼
The fuel consumed while coming = X
Therefore, the fuel consumed for the trip = (X + ¼) + X = 4 ½
2X + ¼ = 4 ½ => 2X = 4 ½ - ¼ => 2X = 4 ¼ => X= 2. Approx
Therefore the fuel consumed while coming = 2 gallon
94. Low temperature at the night in a city is 1/3 more than 1/2 high as higher temperature in a day. Sum of the low temperature and highest temp. is 100 degrees. Then what is the low temp?
Sol: 40 deg.
95.Person, who decided to go to weekend trip should not exceed 8 hours driving in a day. Average speed of forward journey is 40 m/h. Due to traffic in Sundays, the return journey average speed is 30 m/h. How far he can select a picnic spot?
a) 120 miles b) Between 120 and 140 miles c) 160 miles
Answer: 120 miles
96. A salesperson multiplied a number and got the answer 3, instead of that number divided by 3.What is the answer he actually has to get?
Sol: (1/3) *1 * 3 = 3, so number = 1 Divided by 3
97. A ship started from port and moving with I miles per hour and another ship started from L and moving with H miles per hour. At which place these two ships meet?
port G H I J K L
Sol: Answer is between I and J and close to J or (L*I*H)/(H+I)
98. A building with height D shadow up to G. A neighbor building with what height shadows C feet.
A B C D E F G H
99. A person was fined for exceeding the speed limit by 10mph. Twice twice the same also fined another person for exceeding the same speed limit. If the second person was traveling at a speed of 35 mph, find the speed limit.
Sol: Let 'x' be the speed limit
Person 'A' was fined for exceeding the speed limit by = 10mph
Person 'B' was fined for exceeding the speed limit by = twice of 'A'
= 2*10mph=20mph given that the second person was traveling at the speed of 35mph
=> 35mph - 20mph = 15mph
Therefore the speed limit is =15 mph
100.A bus started from bus stand at 8.00am, and after 30 minutes staying at destination, it returned back to the bus stand. The destination is 27 miles from the bus stand. The speed of the bus is 18mph. In return journey bus travels with 50% fast speed. At what time it returns to the bus stand?
101.In a mixture, R is 2 parts S is 1 part. In order to make S to 25% of the mixture, how much r is to be added?
Sol: One Part
102. Wind flows 160 miles in 330 min, for 80 miles how much time required.
103. With 4/5 full tank vehicle travels 12 miles, with 1/3 full tank how much distance travels
Sol: (5 miles)
104. Two trees are there. One grows at 3/5 of the other in 4 years, total growth of trees is 8 ft. what growth will smaller tree will have in 2 years
Sol: (< 2 ft)
105. A storm will move with a velocity of towards the center in hours, at the same rate how much far will it move in hrs.
Sol: (but the answer is 8/3 or 2 2/3)
106. Last year pandit was thrice his sister's age. Next year he is only twice her age. After 5 years what is pandit's age.
a) 2 b) 12 c) 11 d) 14 Sol : b
107. Box of 150 packets consists of 1kg packets and 2kg packets. Total weight of box is 264kg. How many 2kg packets are there
a) 96 b) 67 c) 100 d) 114 Sol :d
108. Which is more economical of the following
a) 2kg -- 30/- b) 8kg -- 160/- c) 5kg -- 80/-
109. Satish earns 240 weekly.12% of big amount + earning weekly = 540.What is the big amount?
a) 3200 b) 3600 c) 2500 d) 1000 Sol : c
110. Julia is twice older than qurban. If Julia was 4 years younger, qurban was 3 years older their diff. between their ages is 12 years. What is the sum of their ages?
a) 67 b) 57 c) 36 d) none Sol : b
111. |x-a| = a-x solve. Ans) x<=a
112.There is a six-letter word UGANDA. How many ways u can arrange the letters in the word in such a way that both A's are together. Ans) 120
113.If two cards are taken one after another without replacing from a pack of cards. What will be the probability for 2 cards to be drawn? Ans) 1/13 x1/17
114.51x53x--.x59 Ans) 99!x25!/2 power 24x 49!x5!
115.The ratio of boys to girls is 6:4.60% of the boys and 40% of girls take lunch in the canteen.What % of class takes lunch? Ans) 52%
116. In a two-dimensional array, X (9, 7), with each element occupying 4 bytes of memory, with the address of the first element X (1, 1) is 3000; find the address of X (8, 5).
117. In the word ORGANISATIONAL, if the first and second, third and forth, forth and fifth, fifth and sixth words are interchanged up to the last letter, what would be the tenth letter from right?
118. What is the largest prime number that can be stored in an 8-bit memory?
119. Select the odd one out..-a. Java b. Lisp c. Smalltalk d. Eiffel.
120. Select the odd one out a. SMTP b. WAP c. SAP d. ARP
121. Select the odd one out a. Oracle b. Linux c. Ingress d. DB2
122. Select the odd one out a. WAP b. HTTP c. BAAN d. ARP
123. Select the odd one out a. LINUX b. UNIX c. SOLARIS d. SQL SEVER
124. Select the odd one out a. SQL b. DB2 c. SYBASE d. HTTP
125. The size of a program is N. And the memory occupied by the program is given by M = square root of 100N. If the size of the program is increased by 1% then how much memory now occupied?
126. A man, a woman, and a child can do a piece of work in 6 days. Man only can do it in 24 days. Woman can do it in 16 days and in how many days child can do the same work? 12. In which of the system, decimal number 184 is equal to 1234?
127. Find the value of the 678 to the base-7.
128. Number of faces, vertices and edges of a cube
129. Complete the series 2, 7, 24, 77,__
130. Find the value of @@+25-++@16, where @ denotes "square" and + denotes "square root".
131. Find the result of the following expression if, M denotes modulus operation, R denotes round-off, T denotes truncation: M(373,5)+R(3.4)+T(7.7)+R(5.8)
132. If TAFJHH is coded as RBEKGI then RBDJK can be coded as?
133. G(0)= -1, G(1)=1, G(N)=G(N-1) - G(N-2), G(5)= ?
134. What is the max possible 3 digit prime number?
135. A power unit is there by the bank of the river of 750 meters width. A cable is made from power unit to power plant opposite to that of the river and 1500mts away from the power unit.The cost of the cable below water is Rs.15/- per meter and cost of cable on the bank is Rs.12/-per meter. Find the total of laying the cable.
136. The size of a program is N. And the memory occupied by the program is given by M = square root of 100N. If the size of the program is increased by 1% then how much memory now occupied?
137. In Madras, temperature at noon varies according to -t^2/2 + 8t + 3, where t is elapsed time. Find how much temperature more or less in 4pm to 9pm.
138. The size of the bucket is N kb. The bucket fills at the rate of 0.1 kb per millisecond. A programmer sends a program to receiver. There it waits for 10 milliseconds. And response will be back to programmer in 20 milliseconds. How much time the program takes to get a response back to the programmer, after it is sent?
139. A man, a woman, and a child can do a piece of work in 6 days. Man only can do it in 24 days. Woman can do it in 16 days and in how many days child can do the same work?
140. If the vertex (5,7) is placed in the memory. First vertex (1,1) `s address is 1245 and then address of (5,7) is ----------
141. Which of the following are orthogonal pairs?
a. 3i+2j b. i+j c. 2i-3j d. -7i+j
142. If VXUPLVH is written as SURMISE, what is SHDVD?
143. If A, B and C are the mechanisms used separately to reduce the wastage of fuel by 30%, 20% and 10%.What will be the fuel economy if they were used combined.
144. What is the power of 2? a. 2068 b.2048 c.2668
145. Complete the series. 3, 8, --, 24, --, 48, 63.
146. Complete the series. 4, -5, 11, -14, 22, --
147. A, B and C are 8 bit no's. They are as follows:
A -> 1 1 0 1 1 0 1 1
B -> 0 1 1 1 1 0 1 0
C -> 0 1 1 0 1 1 0 1
Find ((A-B) u C)=?
148. A Flight takes off at 2 A.M from northeast direction and travels for 11 hours to reach the destination, which is in northwest direction. Given the latitude and longitude of source and destination. Find the local time of destination when the flight reaches there?
149. A can copy 50 papers in 10 hours while both A & B can copy 70 papers in 10 hours. Then for how many hours required for B to copy 26 papers?
150. A is twice efficient than B. A and B can both work together to complete a work in 7 days. Then find in how many days, A alone can complete the work?
151. A finish the work in 10 days. B is 60% efficient than A. So how many days do B takes to finish the work?
152. A finishes the work in 10 days & B in 8 days individually. If A works for only 6 days then how many days should B work to complete A's work? Ans: 3.2 days
153. Given the length of the 3 sides of a triangle. Find the one that is impossible? (HINT: sum of smaller 2 sides is greater than the other one, which is larger)
154. Find the singularity matrix from a given set of matrices?
155. A 2D array is declared as A[9,7] and each element requires 2 byte. If A [1,1] is stored in 3000. Find the memory of A[8,5] ?
156. Sum of slopes of 2 perpendicular st.lines is given. Find the pair of lines from the given set of options, which satisfy the above condition?
157. (a) 2+3i (b)1+i (c) 3-2i (d) 1-7i .Find which of the above is orthogonal.
158. (Momentum*Velocity)/(Acceleration * distance). Find units.
159. The number 362 in decimal system is given by (1362) x in the X System of numbers find the value of X a} 5 b) 6 c) 7 d) 8 e) 9
160. Given $ means Tripling and % means change of sign then find the value of $%$6-%$%6
161. My flight takes of at 2am from a place at 18N 10E and landed 10 Hrs later at a place with coordinates 36N70W. What is the local time when my plane landed?
6:00 am b) 6:40am c) 7:40 d) 7:00 e) 8:00
162. Find the highest prime number that can be stored in an 8 bit Computer?
163. Which of the following set of numbers has the highest Standard deviation?
a)1,0,1,0,1,0 b) -1, -1, -1, -1, -1, -1
c)1,1,1,1,1,1 d) 1,1,0, -1,0, -1
164. 3 angles or 3 sides r given.Which will form a triangle?
165 units of basic quantities :
1. (energy * time * time )/(mass * dist) = distance
2. (momentum * velocity)/(force * time) = velocity
166. "&" is for doubling the value "%" is for change of sign then what is the value 5-&%&5 Ans-30 (Check)
167. 58,27,12,x,2,1. Find x.
168. R-rounding off, M-modulus, T-truncate
M(893,10)+r( )+t( ) is asked
169. vertices edges and surfaces of a cube Ans-8,12,6
170. Sums on Recursive functions
171. Questions on General computer awareness
172. Pick the odd one..-
1.http 2.arp 3.snmp 4.sap Ans-sap
1.linux 2.windows NT 3.sql server 4.Unix Ans-Sql server
173. Which of the following is a singular matrix. (Determinant must be zero)
174. Aeroplane is flying at a particular angle and latitude,after some time another latitude is given-(8 hrs later), u r asked to find the local time of the place.
175. a series of letters are given, how many Ws r followed by F and preceded by T.
176. 7,9,13,_,27,37. Ans-19
177. SURFW Code is translated as SHEET..-these kinda ques r there..-
178. 194 base 10 = ____ base 5 (1234)
179. Largest prime no. in a 6 bit,8 bit (Ans 127),9 bit microprocessor
180. Venn Diagram kinda ques.
Some know English, some French, some German....how many know two languages..-
181. Bar Diagram, Pie Chart (similar to Data interpretation)
182. Code Interchanging, A word is given... Letters are reversed-u r asked to find the nth letter from right or left...
Eg. DESTABILIZATION Ans-T
183. Sums on logarithms, e power x curves.
184. n=68 x 12 x 51. Which of the follg is not an integer Ans- n/122
185. Which is a/not a power of 2 or 3.
Power of 4 Ans-4096
186. series: 2, 7, 24,77, ----- ans: 248
187. code: oenir: brave cyrnfr :----------
188. 1st and 2nd letters of a"parliamentarian" were interchanged.similarly 3rd and 4th, then 5th and 6 th. so on continued.what would be the 14th letter from right.
189. (466)decimal= what is the number in base 7?
190. largesrt prime that can be stored in 8 bit computer. ans127
191. if n=68*12*51, whaich one is not a integer
1.n/102, 2.n/72, 3. n/153, 4.n/136 5. n/244
192. which one is the power of 3== 6245,6762,6074,6561,6178
193. odd out----1. mvs,2. windowsnt, 3. sybase 4. linux.
194. odd out-----1.java,2. smalltalk 3. eiffel 4. lisp
195. In a triangle which one is not possible.sides are (5 ,5 ,5.), (5 ,4 ,5 ), (4 ,4, 9 ), (3,4 ,5,).
196. no.of vertices,edges, faces are given.which one among these best suits for the solid planner cube.
12, 8, 6 6 ,8 ,12 4 , 8, 12 8 ,12, 6
197. Which one among have higher deviation:1. 7,0,-7, 7,0,-7 2. -7,-7,-7,-7,-7,-7
3. 7,-7,7,-7,7,-7 4. 7,7,7,7,7,7
198. a & b can do a work in 14 days.if a does twice as much as work as b in a given time.find how
long a alone woukld take to do the work.
199. which one among is a singular matrix. 14 6, -373 223, 1 0, 10 12
4 3 , 1865 -1115 , 1 2 , 3 4
200. if &=doubling and % means sign change then what is the output
&%&(5) - %&%(5)
201. match the box
a.scooter---automobile a.super set of
b.oxygen---water b.not a type of
c.shopfloorstaff----filters c.a type of
d. bug---reptile d.part of
IIIrd Section Critical Reasioning (3 Problems and 12 questions (4 question for each problem))
1) 2 types of marriage problem (Red - Brown).
2) Dog's problem.... .... ..(name of the dogs) won the top of four prizes..-
3) Wallaci... And Rumania are delicates from this two countries are ..-
4) East liver pool Problem(6 cities)
5) University College Problem (j , k, l,..) Small college big university.
6) Pesth(Plumber and electracian)
7) One problem with number series (squares and cubes)
8) Joes apartment problem
9) US citizen (US born , Naturalized)problem
10) Scurvy problem (disease)
11) Mirmar hotel
Technical and HR & finally MR
In technical they shoot questions only in what u mentioned in Resume..
Technical Interview (20-25 min mostly depend on person and your luck)
So Be prepared with ur resume..-
1. They asked introduce yourself
I gave intro including my achievement during schools and colleges..
2. They asked some questions in C, File Handling concepts, Data Flow chart for a program of largest b/w 3 numbers,.Diff b/w varchar,varchar2,char. What you worked in project if coding then write some code I said analysis part don't say documentation
Query for inserting a column in a table.
3. About my projects which I had mentioned in Resume..
4. My Strengths and weakness-
5. About Tcs.
Then they say me for waiting some time
After some time I get call for HR
I filled the form for HR.
1) How you are feeling????????
2) Tell abut yourself??????
3) Then he saw my technical report and say me you are good in programming???
4) If we send you at any location in India or abroad you will go or not??????
5) What are your hobbies??????
6) What extra activity in you????
7) What you have done as a volunteer?
8) Tell me abut some project analysis?
Ok Atul Wait outside-
After some time I get call for M.R Round I don't know I have cleared H.R or not....
1) Tell me abt ourself?
2) You know abt TCS agreement???
I say no sir
You are bonded for 2 years with TCS and if you break it then you have to pay 50000/- rs to us
And we can place you any city in India there you have to do coding work on project you are ready for it
I say yes......
Ok thankyou Atul
We will announce result after 1 week
On 19 at 09 pm I got result and I was in the selected no of students list
3i Infotech - AAI - ABACUS - ABB - Accel Frontline - Accenture - Aditi - Adobe - ADP - Agreeya - Akamai - Alcatel Lucent - Allfon - Alumnus - Amazon - Amdocs - AMI - Andhra Bank - AppLabs - Apps Associates - Aricent - Ashok Leyland - Aspire - Atos Origin - Axes - Bajaj - Bank of Maharashtra - BEL - BEML - BHEL - BirlaSoft - Blue Dart - Blue Star - BOB - BPCL - BPL - Brakes - BSNL - C-DOT - Cadence - Calsoft - Canara Bank - Canarys - Capgemini - Caritor - Caterpillar - CDAC - CGI - Changepond - Ciena - Cisco - Citicorp - CMC - Consagous - Convergys - CORDYS - Crompton - CSC - CTS - Cummins - Dell - Deloitte - Delphi-TVS - DeShaw - Deutsche - Dotcom - DRDO - EDS - EIL - ELGI - ELICO - ERICSSON - Essar - Fidelity - Flextronics - Freescale - FXLabs - GAIL - GE - Genpact - Geodesic - Geometric - Globaledge - GlobalLogic - Godrej - Google - Grapecity - HAL - HCL - Hexaware - Honeywell - HP - HPCL - HSBC - Huawei - Hughes - IBM - IBS - ICICI - iGate - Impetus - iNautix - Indian Airforce - Indian Airlines - Infosys - Infotech - Intec - Integra - Intergraph - IOCL - iSOFT - ISRO - Ittiam - JSW - Keane - Kenexa - L & T - L & T Infotech - LG Soft - Lifetree - LionBridge - Mahindra Satyam - Mastek - Maveric - McAfee - MECON - Microsoft - MindTree - Miraclesoft - Mistral - Motorola - Mphasis - MTNL - NIC - Nokia Siemens - Novell - NTPC - Nucleus - ORACLE - Patni - Perot - Polaris - Ramco - Robert Bosch - Samsung - SAP - Sapient - Sasken - SBI - Sierra Atlantic - Sonata - Sony India - Sutherland - Syntel - TCS - Tech Mahindra - VeriFone - Virtusa - Wipro - Zensar.