TCS PAPER - 15 OCT 2006
TCS pattern consists of three sections
1 Verbal-read antonyms in 12th edition
2 Apptitude-this will be from previous papers
3 Critical reasonong-refer to GRE barrons 12th edition
1) In a two dimensional array X(9,7) which each element occupying 2 bytes of memory with address of the first element X(1,1) is 3000, find the address of X(8,5).
2) In the word ORGANISATIONAL if the first and second, third and fourth, fourth and fifth, fifth and sixth words are interchanged up to the last letter, what would be the tenth letter from right?
3) Select odd one out JAVA, LISP, SMALLTALK, EIFFEL
4) What is the largest Prime Number that can be stored in 6-bit memory?
Ans:61 (2power6-1=63 this s not prime select the prime number below 63i.e 61)
5) The size of program is 'n' and the memory occupied by the program is given by M=square root of 4000n.if the size of the program is increased by 1% then how much memory now occupied? Ans:0.5%(SQRT 101N)
6) Which of the following highest Standard deviation
7, - 7, 7,-7, 7,-7 b) 7, 7, 7,7,7,7 c) -7, - 7, -7,-7,-7,-7 d) -7, 7, -7, 7,-7, 7 Ans: d)
7) Which of the following is power of 3
a) 2345 b) 9875 c) 6504 d) 9833
8) Which of the following is integer?
a) 451/45 b) 8765676/17 c) 34567/76 d) 567845/19 Ans: b)
9) g(0)= -1, G(1)=1, G(N) = G(N-1)-G(N-2), g(6)=?
10) Which of the following are orthogonal pairs
a) 3i+2j b) i+j c) 2i-3j d) 7i+j
Ans: a) + c)
11) find the result of the following expression if, M denotes modules operation, R denotes round-off, T denotes truncations M(373,5)+R(3.4) +T(7,7)+R(5,8)
12) My flight takes off at 2am from a place at 18N 10E and landed 10 Hrs later at a place with coordinates 36N70W. What is the local time when my plane landed?
Ans: 6.40 am....................
and some more all r from previous papers..
CRITICAL REASONING: (3 passages)
Refer GRE book.read all paragraphs under Analytical Ability. They will ask same questions. Prepare all the 5 model test papers for this section
3i Infotech - AAI - ABACUS - ABB - Accel Frontline - Accenture - Aditi - Adobe - ADP - Agreeya - Akamai - Alcatel Lucent - Allfon - Alumnus - Amazon - Amdocs - AMI - Andhra Bank - AppLabs - Apps Associates - Aricent - Ashok Leyland - Aspire - Atos Origin - Axes - Bajaj - Bank of Maharashtra - BEL - BEML - BHEL - BirlaSoft - Blue Dart - Blue Star - BOB - BPCL - BPL - Brakes - BSNL - C-DOT - Cadence - Calsoft - Canara Bank - Canarys - Capgemini - Caritor - Caterpillar - CDAC - CGI - Changepond - Ciena - Cisco - Citicorp - CMC - Consagous - Convergys - CORDYS - Crompton - CSC - CTS - Cummins - Dell - Deloitte - Delphi-TVS - DeShaw - Deutsche - Dotcom - DRDO - EDS - EIL - ELGI - ELICO - ERICSSON - Essar - Fidelity - Flextronics - Freescale - FXLabs - GAIL - GE - Genpact - Geodesic - Geometric - Globaledge - GlobalLogic - Godrej - Google - Grapecity - HAL - HCL - Hexaware - Honeywell - HP - HPCL - HSBC - Huawei - Hughes - IBM - IBS - ICICI - iGate - Impetus - iNautix - Indian Airforce - Indian Airlines - Infosys - Infotech - Intec - Integra - Intergraph - IOCL - iSOFT - ISRO - Ittiam - JSW - Keane - Kenexa - L & T - L & T Infotech - LG Soft - Lifetree - LionBridge - Mahindra Satyam - Mastek - Maveric - McAfee - MECON - Microsoft - MindTree - Miraclesoft - Mistral - Motorola - Mphasis - MTNL - NIC - Nokia Siemens - Novell - NTPC - Nucleus - ORACLE - Patni - Perot - Polaris - Ramco - Robert Bosch - Samsung - SAP - Sapient - Sasken - SBI - Sierra Atlantic - Sonata - Sony India - Sutherland - Syntel - TCS - Tech Mahindra - VeriFone - Virtusa - Wipro - Zensar.