TCS PAPER - 07 OCT 2006 - HYDERABAD
I am Vinay S, I appeared a offcampus exam conducted by TCS in Hyderabad on 7th oct.. I wrote the exam well, the questions were mostly from previous papers. But dont try to remember the answers from previous papers.They are changing the values in the questions. The paper was very easy, all the Synonyms Antynoms, passages all were from GRE Barrons 12th Edition.
Totally there were 3 sets X, Y, Z. and i got the set number Y. I will give u all the questions that I remember so that you can prepare for the comming exams. I am doing this because all the previous papers helped me a lot for the exam.
The paper was as usual 3 sections..
I. Verbal Ability
III. Critical Reasoning
Verbal Ability: (32)
A passage was given from which 6 questions were asked.
Passage was on some discussion between Blacks and Whites. The change to be brought to raise the equality between blacks and whites. (Remember this was the toughest section i have faced)
Next six questions were asked to fill the blanks with sentences given below into a passage.
The passsages was based on Fungs. you can find that one in Barrons 12th Edition Page 102
II. Aptitude(40)- all from previous papers but changed values. I will Try to give some questions I remember ..but not in order
1) In the word ORGANISATION if we exchange first with the second, second with the third, third with fourth and so on......till last then what will be the 10th letter from right?
1.G 2.N 3.A 4.R
2) What is the largest prime no that will fit in 6 bit memory?
1.65 2. 61 3. 67 4.63
3) The progam size is N.The memory occupied by the program is M=4000sqrt(N). If the program size is increased by 1%. Then what is the percentage increase in memory?
1. 0.1% 2.0.4% 3.0.5% 4.2% Ans: 0.5%
4) In two dimensional array X(7,9) each element occupies 8 bytes of memory. If the address of first element X(1,1) is 3000 then what will be the address of the element X(5,8) ?
5) Which of the following highest Standard deviation
a.5,0,5,0,5,0 b) 5,5,5,5,5,5 c) 5,5,5,5,0,5 d) -5, 5, -5, 5,-5, 5
6) g(0)= 1, G(1)=-1 ,G(N) = G(N-1)+G(N-2) , g(6)=?
1. -2 2. 3 3. 1 4 0
7) A power unit is there by the bank of the river of 900 mtr width. a cable is made from power unit to power a plant opposite to that of the river and 3000 mtr away from the power unit. The cost of the cable bellows water Rs5 / mtr and cost of cable on the bank is Rs 4/ mtr. Find the pt where the cable cut through the river.
1.2800 2. 3000 3. 2100 4.3900 Ans: 2100
8) In madras, temperature at noon varies according to t^2/3 + 4t + 12, where t is elapsed time. Find how much tem more or less in 6 pm to 8 pm.(not exactly 6 and 9 but other values are given.. remember " -" sign was not there before t)
9) Which of the following are orthogonal pairs
a) 5i+3j=7 b) i=-j c) 2i-j=3 d) 3i=5j+6
1.a&d 2.a&c 3.c&d 4.b&d
10) My flight takes of at 2am from a place at 18N 65E and landed 9Hrs later at a place with coordinates 36N40W. What is the local time when my plane landed? 1.8.00pm 2.6.00pm 3.4.00am 4.6.40pm
11) The number X in decimal system is given by (1432) x find the base value of X a} 5 b) 6 c) 7 d) 8 e) 9
12) WHICH SHAPE WILL BE OBTAINED BY USING THESE VALUES OF X ,Y
Ans: Y= log10(X)
13)Number of edges,faces, vertices and of a cube
1.12,6,8 2.6,8,12 3.4 ,6, 8 4.8,12,6
14) A, B and C are 8 bit no's. They are as follows:
A -> 0 1 0 0 0 1 0 1
B -> 0 0 1 1 0 0 1 1
C -> 0 0 1 1 1 0 1 0
Find ((A u C) u B)
15) 2 student get 3 and 3.5 in their class exam And 1.4 and 1.65 in final exam respectively. What might be the class marks of 3rd student who have got 0 marks in final exam? (not exactly same values)
16) Which is the power of 4? 1024, 4048.
17) Pick the odd one out
a) SYBASE b)DB2 c)ORACLE d)JAVA 5)INGRESS
18) one question based on curves ---- some graph related to tanx
19) pick the odd one out
a) SMTP b)ARP c)HTTP d)BAAN e)WAP
20) Find the result of the following expression if, M denotes modules operation, R denotes round-off, T denotes truncations M(363,5)+R(5.8) +T(7,7)-R(3.8)
21) If A, B, C are the mechanisms used separately to reduce the wastage of fuel by 25%, 20%, 10%. What will be the fuel economy if they were used combine? Ans :-46
22) Match the following:
1. Mammal, cow ---> a. A type of
2. Snake reptile ---> b. A part of
3. Roof - Building ---> c. Not a type of
4. Mushroom - Vegetables ---> d. A superset of
23) b v f q q m b v f m g v f f v f m b v f b g
d v f a m v f v f f
How many v 's are such that each v is followed by f next to it, if the f is not followed by f next to it.
24) If VXUPLVH is written as SURMISE, what is COVER?
25) A problem on modulo(373,7)+round(5.8)+truncat(7.2)-round(3.4)
26) Bucket size is 10KB.it takes 0.0001 KB/milisec to fill bucket.the bucket takes 100 or 1000 milisec to reach to destination.it takes 100 milisec to pass acknowledgement from dest to source.so calculate how much time will it take to pass N KB ,asked to write formula for that.
27) Given a Bar Diagram ... read the problem twice.. dont confuse between percentages and values ( 3 questions asked on this)
28) A Venn Diagram based question ...asked 3 questions from that .Que's based on HINDI, PHYSICS & MATHS
I dont remember remaining questions but all from previous papers
3) Critical Reasoning
3 passages were given and 12 questions... these are also from Barron's 12th Edition only
1) Passage relating Hindi Telugu English French German known by A B C D E (Easy one)
2) Passage based on Museum's and
3) Passage based on Briddge, tunnel and Highway .. this is also easy one..
This is all i could give you from my side.. so prepare well and ALL THE BEST from my side
3i Infotech - AAI - ABACUS - ABB - Accel Frontline - Accenture - Aditi - Adobe - ADP - Agreeya - Akamai - Alcatel Lucent - Allfon - Alumnus - Amazon - Amdocs - AMI - Andhra Bank - AppLabs - Apps Associates - Aricent - Ashok Leyland - Aspire - Atos Origin - Axes - Bajaj - Bank of Maharashtra - BEL - BEML - BHEL - BirlaSoft - Blue Dart - Blue Star - BOB - BPCL - BPL - Brakes - BSNL - C-DOT - Cadence - Calsoft - Canara Bank - Canarys - Capgemini - Caritor - Caterpillar - CDAC - CGI - Changepond - Ciena - Cisco - Citicorp - CMC - Consagous - Convergys - CORDYS - Crompton - CSC - CTS - Cummins - Dell - Deloitte - Delphi-TVS - DeShaw - Deutsche - Dotcom - DRDO - EDS - EIL - ELGI - ELICO - ERICSSON - Essar - Fidelity - Flextronics - Freescale - FXLabs - GAIL - GE - Genpact - Geodesic - Geometric - Globaledge - GlobalLogic - Godrej - Google - Grapecity - HAL - HCL - Hexaware - Honeywell - HP - HPCL - HSBC - Huawei - Hughes - IBM - IBS - ICICI - iGate - Impetus - iNautix - Indian Airforce - Indian Airlines - Infosys - Infotech - Intec - Integra - Intergraph - IOCL - iSOFT - ISRO - Ittiam - JSW - Keane - Kenexa - L & T - L & T Infotech - LG Soft - Lifetree - LionBridge - Mahindra Satyam - Mastek - Maveric - McAfee - MECON - Microsoft - MindTree - Miraclesoft - Mistral - Motorola - Mphasis - MTNL - NIC - Nokia Siemens - Novell - NTPC - Nucleus - ORACLE - Patni - Perot - Polaris - Ramco - Robert Bosch - Samsung - SAP - Sapient - Sasken - SBI - Sierra Atlantic - Sonata - Sony India - Sutherland - Syntel - TCS - Tech Mahindra - VeriFone - Virtusa - Wipro - Zensar.