TCS PATTERN & INTERVIEW - 30 JUL 2005
Finally I got selected in TCS. Thanks to all the member of this group, who provide me with necessary material to prepare for written test and guidelines for interview. My written test was on 30 july for that i have prepared from previous paper. It really help me a lot, many of the Quantative questions are from previous paper. For LR go through GRE Barron 12 edition model test. questions are coming form that only. If u r not able to solve them just mugup the answer, which was done by some of my friend. they all cleared written.
My interview was on 21 aug. There was 2 rounds
2. HR / Managerial
In Technical round. ( i have done engg in computer science and engg). most of the questions where related to project, and whatever i have written on my resume. so prepare well ur resume and write only those thing on which ur confident. some of the question which were asked are
1. what were ur subjects in engg. then they asked me some book which i had read for networks.
2. mine project was in linux, so they asked me why u have used linux.
3 wht is class.
4. wht is SQL.
5. wht is PL/SQL ( as i have mentioned on my resume)
6. wht is activeX, wht all event u used in ur project for VB ( i was not able to answer those, but i tell them VB part was done by my partner)
then he asked my some question related to my seminar. ( mine seminar was on printer)
7. wht r different type of printer
8. how much i cost to get printout on diff type of printer.
I cleared it. Be cofindent while answering. some of my frnds where told to make program like prime number. some where asked question relayed to SDLC, type of testing. C basics etc.
HR/ Management round. Question where related to hobbies, family background, extra curricular activites etc
1. they asked question realated to karate.
2. my hobby is singing, which i mentioaned on my resume, so they aksed me to sing a song.
3. tell me abt ur family background.
4. why do u want to do job.
5. r u willing to do higher study.
6. wht is ur greatest weakness.
7. then they me wht happend last time when tcs come to our campus for selection last year
8. why do u want to join tcs.
9. do u have any offer in hand.
10. then they asked whether am agreeing to service agreement.
11. do u have any probelm in relocation.
some of mine frnd where asked technical question related to c, c++, software engg in HR round. But most of the question where related to whtever u write on ur resume. Be confident. do not loss hope.
One important thing go through TCS site there u will have answer to few questin why TCS. why tcs should hire u etc. but u have to reframe u answer, u will have clue from site.
3i Infotech - AAI - ABACUS - ABB - Accel Frontline - Accenture - Aditi - Adobe - ADP - Agreeya - Akamai - Alcatel Lucent - Allfon - Alumnus - Amazon - Amdocs - AMI - Andhra Bank - AppLabs - Apps Associates - Aricent - Ashok Leyland - Aspire - Atos Origin - Axes - Bajaj - Bank of Maharashtra - BEL - BEML - BHEL - BirlaSoft - Blue Dart - Blue Star - BOB - BPCL - BPL - Brakes - BSNL - C-DOT - Cadence - Calsoft - Canara Bank - Canarys - Capgemini - Caritor - Caterpillar - CDAC - CGI - Changepond - Ciena - Cisco - Citicorp - CMC - Consagous - Convergys - CORDYS - Crompton - CSC - CTS - Cummins - Dell - Deloitte - Delphi-TVS - DeShaw - Deutsche - Dotcom - DRDO - EDS - EIL - ELGI - ELICO - ERICSSON - Essar - Fidelity - Flextronics - Freescale - FXLabs - GAIL - GE - Genpact - Geodesic - Geometric - Globaledge - GlobalLogic - Godrej - Google - Grapecity - HAL - HCL - Hexaware - Honeywell - HP - HPCL - HSBC - Huawei - Hughes - IBM - IBS - ICICI - iGate - Impetus - iNautix - Indian Airforce - Indian Airlines - Infosys - Infotech - Intec - Integra - Intergraph - IOCL - iSOFT - ISRO - Ittiam - JSW - Keane - Kenexa - L & T - L & T Infotech - LG Soft - Lifetree - LionBridge - Mahindra Satyam - Mastek - Maveric - McAfee - MECON - Microsoft - MindTree - Miraclesoft - Mistral - Motorola - Mphasis - MTNL - NIC - Nokia Siemens - Novell - NTPC - Nucleus - ORACLE - Patni - Perot - Polaris - Ramco - Robert Bosch - Samsung - SAP - Sapient - Sasken - SBI - Sierra Atlantic - Sonata - Sony India - Sutherland - Syntel - TCS - Tech Mahindra - VeriFone - Virtusa - Wipro - Zensar.