TCS PAPER - 07 JUN 2004 - COIMBATORE
Place : PSG Tech., Coimbatore
The entire test is online. Here at PSG Tech., first the server did not cooperate so that the test was delayed by 5 hours. So don't get frustrated if the same happens in your college. Be prepared for everything. One more thing is that no two students will get the same questions. Questions are very randomly distributed.
32 questions - 20 minutes (10 - Antonyms, 10 - Synonyms, 6- Sentence Completion, 6 - Reading Comprehension)
For antonyms and synonyms u refer GRE Barron's book and read the entire high frequency word list. At the end u will have 5 model tests, read all the antonyms in that tests. All the antonyms were from that only. If possible at the end of every word list in the Barron's book u will be having 15 words each as exercise. Totally 50*15=750 words are there. Just give them a glance if you have time.
This time sentence completion is somewhat different. U have to fill up the sentences itself instead of words. This and reading comprehension takes time. Try to manage time properly.
38 questions - 40 minutes
Most of the questions will be from R.S Agarwal Quantitative book. These you can do very easily if you have little practice.
12 questions - 30 minutes
Here also time will be a key factor, but u can do it if u practice. For this, at the end of GRE Barron's book (11th, 12th or 13th editions only) u will have 5 model tests, read all the critical reasoning (analytical ability) questions in that tests. All questions were from that only.
If u get only a minimum cut off in the above 3 tests u will be able to take this test. Here u will be having 150 questions in 30 minutes. They mainly judge your psychology. So maintain consistency while answering the questions. Never keep Can't Say answers for any question, for that it will mean that u doesn't know about you. You have to answer all the 150 questions; otherwise u will not qualify the test. Moreover the psychometric questions will not differ. The same set from previous papers may be repeated.
1) Choleric = Hot Tempered, Irritate
2) Waif = Urchin, Abandoned Person
3) Florid = Ornate, Showy
4) Servility = Surrender
5) Tepid = Luke warm, Half hearted
6) Melee = Fight, Combat
7) Aplomb = Self-confidence, composure
8) Mawkish = Over emotional, weepy
9) Voracious = Hungry, eager, greedy
10) Cliché = Commonplace, Truism
11) Pithy = Strong
12) Celibacy = Chastity, State of not being married
13) Retrograde = Worsen, Move backward
14) Foil = metal sheet, Layer of aluminum paper
15) Chaste = Pure, Modest
16) Furtive = Secret, Stealthy
17) Paradox = Contradiction
18) Alacrity = Eagerness, Readiness
19) Remiss = Careless
20) Repartee = Witty Report
21) Mundane = Normal
22) Moribund = Dying, Expiring
23) Banal = Stale, Common place, Usual
24) Tarry = Delay
25) Misapprehension = Improper Understanding
26) Cleft = Split
27) Virulent = Poisonous, Dangerous
28) Indulgent = Obliging, Complaint
29) Tantamount = Equivalent
30) Repudiate = Reject, Deny, Renounce
31) Reprobate = Degenerate
32) Acclivity = an upward slope
33) Baneful = Destructive, Harmful
34) Chide = Scold
35) Circuitous = Indirect in action or language
36) Churlish = Brutish, Cruel, Rude
37) Latitude = Freedom, Liberty
38) Jettison = throw away, get rid of
1) Mollify × Enrage, Provoke
2) Inundate × Drain
3) Equanimity × Agitation
4) Gauche × Tactful
5) Exhume × Inter
6) Baleful × Beneficent
7) Anathematize × Bless
8) Enigmatic × Unambiguous
9) Pariah × Idol
10) Turbid × Limpid
All the questions were from GRE Barron's 13th Edition. All these questions are in the Model Tests that are towards the end of the book. Try to work all the questions. I am just giving the questions which are given here at PSG Tech.
1) Test 1, Section 5, Questions (1-4)
2) Test 1, Section 5, Questions (8-12)
3) Test 1, Section 5, Questions (13-16)
4) Test 1, Section 6, Questions (8-11)
5) Test 1, Section 6, Questions (12-18)
6) Test 2, Section 1, Questions (19-22)
7) Test 3, Section 6, Questions (19-22)
8) Test 4, Section 6, Questions (17-22)
9) Test 5, Section 3, Questions (1-4)
10) Test 5, Section 3, Questions (12-18)
11) Test 5, Section 7, Questions (21-25)
My Technical Interview
My interview was started with some what casual questions. Interview lasted for more than 25 minutes. Whatever you say, say confidently and stand on what you have said earlier.
1) Tell about yourself? (Academic and family background)
2) So, you are from G. Pulla Reddy Engineering College?
3) Is this the same person who has sweet shops in AP?
4) Which sweet will be good in your shop?
5) Do have any concession for students?
6) How get the sweets by placing an order?
7) Which sweet costs more?
8) What is your favorite subject?
I told OS, but he started asking questions from Data Structures.
9) What is a stack and queue?
10) What is difference between linear and non linear data structures?
11) Write code in C to insert an element into a linked list?
12) Tell about TCP/IP and OSI models? What are the layers in them?
13) About DNS?
14) About Firewalls?
15) How do u get an HTML page when u type an URL in the explorer's Address bar? Explain the entire process?
16) About CGI script?
For some questions I told that I do not know the answer, but he made me to answer them. After this he asked questions from the skill set I have mentioned in the resume. I wrote troubleshooting and Assembling PC in my resume.
17) What are the different kinds of ports?
18) What is the file system used in Win98/NT?
19) How do you partition the disk and install OS?
20) What is USB port?
21) What are flash memory devices?
22) Tell me the system configuration in your lab here?
After this he took a form and asked,
23) Do you have any constraints in working anywhere in India?
I told that I can work in Bangalore, Chennai or Hyderabad,
24) Then he asked, u will not go to abroad?
I told that if have any challenging assignments I am ready to go
25) Do u have passport?
No, but I have applied.
He told, Meet u again and I left the hall.
My HR Interview
In this panel there were two members. They again started asking me some technical questions, since my academic background was good. After that,
Tell about yourself?
Who r your role models?
What is your weakness?
Is your mother tongue Telugu?
That's all. The interview lasted for 10 minutes.
No. of students appeared for Online Written Test : 645
No. of students who cleared Online Written Test : 300 (approx)
No. of students who cleared Technical Interview : 180 (approx)
No. of students who cleared HR Interview & placed : 131
No. of M.E students Placed out of 131 : 15
Communication Systems : 4
Computer Science & Engg : 3
Control Systems : 2
VLSI : 1
Production Engineering : 1
Engineering Design : 1
· M.E all specializations except Civil, Textile, PDC, and Metallurgy
· All 60's
· No Current Arrears
· Advantage if u do not have any break in your Academic Career
· Advantage if u are a GATE student and also class topper in M.E.
3i Infotech - AAI - ABACUS - ABB - Accel Frontline - Accenture - Aditi - Adobe - ADP - Agreeya - Akamai - Alcatel Lucent - Allfon - Alumnus - Amazon - Amdocs - AMI - Andhra Bank - AppLabs - Apps Associates - Aricent - Ashok Leyland - Aspire - Atos Origin - Axes - Bajaj - Bank of Maharashtra - BEL - BEML - BHEL - BirlaSoft - Blue Dart - Blue Star - BOB - BPCL - BPL - Brakes - BSNL - C-DOT - Cadence - Calsoft - Canara Bank - Canarys - Capgemini - Caritor - Caterpillar - CDAC - CGI - Changepond - Ciena - Cisco - Citicorp - CMC - Consagous - Convergys - CORDYS - Crompton - CSC - CTS - Cummins - Dell - Deloitte - Delphi-TVS - DeShaw - Deutsche - Dotcom - DRDO - EDS - EIL - ELGI - ELICO - ERICSSON - Essar - Fidelity - Flextronics - Freescale - FXLabs - GAIL - GE - Genpact - Geodesic - Geometric - Globaledge - GlobalLogic - Godrej - Google - Grapecity - HAL - HCL - Hexaware - Honeywell - HP - HPCL - HSBC - Huawei - Hughes - IBM - IBS - ICICI - iGate - Impetus - iNautix - Indian Airforce - Indian Airlines - Infosys - Infotech - Intec - Integra - Intergraph - IOCL - iSOFT - ISRO - Ittiam - JSW - Keane - Kenexa - L & T - L & T Infotech - LG Soft - Lifetree - LionBridge - Mahindra Satyam - Mastek - Maveric - McAfee - MECON - Microsoft - MindTree - Miraclesoft - Mistral - Motorola - Mphasis - MTNL - NIC - Nokia Siemens - Novell - NTPC - Nucleus - ORACLE - Patni - Perot - Polaris - Ramco - Robert Bosch - Samsung - SAP - Sapient - Sasken - SBI - Sierra Atlantic - Sonata - Sony India - Sutherland - Syntel - TCS - Tech Mahindra - VeriFone - Virtusa - Wipro - Zensar.