L&T INFOTECH PATTERN & INTERVIEW - 08 MAR 2007 - ALWAR
I gave the LnT Infotech Recruitment Test at LIET, Alwar on 8th March 2007. The Selection Procedure consisted of 3 Rounds
1) Written Test Consisting of 90 questions to be completed in 90 mintues.
a) Quant - 30 Q's
b) Logical Reasoning - 30 Q's
c) English - 30 Q's
written was not tough but wasnt easy also.
2) Group Discussion (GD)
Group of 15 students out of which 4 or 5 were elminated. In some cases more than 5 , and in some all 15 were selected for interview.
Topics -> should GD be there in selection process (the topic that i was given)
-> Effects of internet on India
-> Reservation of women in Parliament
-> India shining
-> Should censorship be banned in India
-> Capital punishment
and many more which i can't recall
Tips for GD
1. Always be the initiator and concluder of the GD then being a participant.
2. But if you are participant always try to be the most vianl/key participant.
3. put points firmly and always try to get others support too.
4. if you find that the discussion is going off-track then never loose an opportunity to bring it back to stream this is the best point to score max.
5. try to keep latest information on the topic.
6. be very polite, people may try to provoke you to to get more points but try to keep cool.
7. most important don't wait for your turn to speak when discussion is on. interrupt politely if you want to put forward your points.
8. last but not the least keep atab on the time given for discussion. score points by wrapping up the discussion if you feel that the discussion is heating but the time is going to be over.
9. during conclusion, do end with the conclusion note. that shows your leadership quality.
Best scoring points are:
- Initiation of discussion
- Always keeping/trying to keep discussion on track
- conclusion on time
- your capability to keep your cool and listen as well as putting your points.
GD basically means searching your team player, leadership, communication capability and your fluency in english.
Four panels were there. Out of which only 1 or 2 two were taking technical and the rest simply asked HR questions. Mine went like this
Good morning sir (1am lol) Very good morning!
I didnt sat for about 30 secs n thn he saw me standing n told me to sit.
Q) Tell me about yourself quicly ( lol bcuz my interview took around 1am so he said dat word quickly )
Ans) told him about my schooling and grad details, strengths, hobbies .
Q) Is this your 1st attempt for any company?
Ans) No sir. I gave two exams earlier also ( don't say anything extra until and unless asked to do so)
Q) What happened in those exams?
Ans) Sir, i cudn't clear them.
Q) Why so?
Ans) lack of preparation.
Q) So this time u cleared your written thn GD and now u hav come so far upto this point, do u think u are prepared this time?
Ans) Yes sir (ans such q's confidently and boldly)
Q) So ur sister is working in TCS (i mentioned this in application form)! which location?
Ans) Yes Sir, mumbai
Q) So why didnt u tried for TCS?
Ans) Sir i gues lnt is much better for freshers like me bucz it helps in growth and is striving for excellence in market.
Q) Tell me about this airlines reservation project which u did in ur summer training, and your role in the same?
Ans) i mentioned the brief details about the project
then in the end he said ok carry on, i asked may i leave sir? he said yes. i said thank you sir. my interview lasted for about 10 minutes or so. Result were declared around 10:30 in the morning.
Result : around 1600 sat for the written, 500-600 cleared written.
350-400 cleared GD. and finally 193 were selected including me.
Just keep preparing and dont miss any opportunity. i gave tech mahindra and birlasoft exams b4 this one and cudt clear the written even in both of them. So dont lose hope and keep trying.
Best of luck to every job seeker
3i Infotech - AAI - ABACUS - ABB - Accel Frontline - Accenture - Aditi - Adobe - ADP - Agreeya - Akamai - Alcatel Lucent - Allfon - Alumnus - Amazon - Amdocs - AMI - Andhra Bank - AppLabs - Apps Associates - Aricent - Ashok Leyland - Aspire - Atos Origin - Axes - Bajaj - Bank of Maharashtra - BEL - BEML - BHEL - BirlaSoft - Blue Dart - Blue Star - BOB - BPCL - BPL - Brakes - BSNL - C-DOT - Cadence - Calsoft - Canara Bank - Canarys - Capgemini - Caritor - Caterpillar - CDAC - CGI - Changepond - Ciena - Cisco - Citicorp - CMC - Consagous - Convergys - CORDYS - Crompton - CSC - CTS - Cummins - Dell - Deloitte - Delphi-TVS - DeShaw - Deutsche - Dotcom - DRDO - EDS - EIL - ELGI - ELICO - ERICSSON - Essar - Fidelity - Flextronics - Freescale - FXLabs - GAIL - GE - Genpact - Geodesic - Geometric - Globaledge - GlobalLogic - Godrej - Google - Grapecity - HAL - HCL - Hexaware - Honeywell - HP - HPCL - HSBC - Huawei - Hughes - IBM - IBS - ICICI - iGate - Impetus - iNautix - Indian Airforce - Indian Airlines - Infosys - Infotech - Intec - Integra - Intergraph - IOCL - iSOFT - ISRO - Ittiam - JSW - Keane - Kenexa - L & T - L & T Infotech - LG Soft - Lifetree - LionBridge - Mahindra Satyam - Mastek - Maveric - McAfee - MECON - Microsoft - MindTree - Miraclesoft - Mistral - Motorola - Mphasis - MTNL - NIC - Nokia Siemens - Novell - NTPC - Nucleus - ORACLE - Patni - Perot - Polaris - Ramco - Robert Bosch - Samsung - SAP - Sapient - Sasken - SBI - Sierra Atlantic - Sonata - Sony India - Sutherland - Syntel - TCS - Tech Mahindra - VeriFone - Virtusa - Wipro - Zensar.