Mechanical Engineering - Theory of machines - Discussion


When the two elements of a pair have a surface contact when relative motion takes place and the surface of one element slides over the surface of the other, the pair formed is known as a

[A]. lower pair
[B]. higher pair
[C]. self-closed pair
[D]. force-closed pair

Answer: Option A


No answer description available for this question.

Ankush Dharme said: (Dec 28, 2013)  
Lower pair: the pair which has surface contact is called as lower pair.

Dhiru said: (Nov 14, 2014)  
Higher pair: The pair which has line or point contact.

Bipul said: (Dec 29, 2014)  
Lower pair are also self closed. So (C) is also correct.

Vyomesh said: (Feb 21, 2015)  
Lower pair having area in contact, so given answer is correct.

Ranjith said: (Sep 10, 2017)  
What is mean by self-closed and force-closed pair?

Post your comments here:

Name *:

Email   : (optional)

» Your comments will be displayed only after manual approval.