Mechanical Engineering - Steam Nozzles and Turbines - Discussion


The process of draining steam from the turbine, at certain points during its expansion and using this steam for heating the feed water in feed water heaters and then supplying it to the boiler is known as

[A]. regenerative heating
[B]. reheating of steam
[C]. bleeding
[D]. none of these

Answer: Option C


No answer description available for this question.

Veerakumar said: (Oct 26, 2015)  
What is the difference between bleeding and regenerative heating please explain me?

Ahmed said: (Mar 29, 2016)  
The process of draining steam from the turbine is called BLEEDING; DO NOT MISLEAD BY THE TRICKING COMPLEMENTARY.

Rashid Khan Kakar said: (Aug 16, 2021)  
It's reheating process, i.e option B.

Post your comments here:

Name *:

Email   : (optional)

» Your comments will be displayed only after manual approval.