Mechanical Engineering - Steam Boilers and Engines - Discussion


A compound steam engine in which the high pressure and low pressure cylinders have common piston rod, is called

[A]. receiver type compound engine
[B]. Tandem type compound engine
[C]. Woolf type compound engine
[D]. none of these

Answer: Option B


No answer description available for this question.

Randhir said: (Nov 14, 2014)  
Woolf type compound engine please describe.

Anurag Srivastava said: (Dec 26, 2016)  
A compound steam engine in which piston rods of high-pressure and low-pressure cylinders ' are attached to two different cranks set at 180° to each other, is called Woolf type compound engine.

Amposah Emmanuel said: (Jun 18, 2017)  
Please define the receiver type of compound engine.

Sharmas said: (Jul 26, 2019)  
Receiver type engine has different pistons rod attached to different cranks set with an angle of 90 degree to each other.

Post your comments here:

Name *:

Email   : (optional)

» Your comments will be displayed only after manual approval.