Logical Reasoning - Statement and Assumption - Discussion
Discussion Forum : Statement and Assumption - Section 4 (Q.No. 26)
Directions to Solve
In each question below is given a statement followed by two assumptions numbered I and II. You have to consider the statement and the following assumptions and decide which of the assumptions is implicit in the statement.
- (A) If only assumption I is implicit
- (B) If only assumption II is implicit
- (C) If either I or II is implicit
- (D) If neither I nor II is implicit
- (E) If both I and II are implicit.
Statement: In view of the violent situation due to students' agitation the state government has decided to close down all the educational institutions in the state for two weeks with immediate effect.
- The students' agitation may subside after two weeks.
- The students may not find a place to come further and continue agitation after the closure of the educational institutions.
Clearly, in such situations, closure is followed so as to prevent any untoward incident and with the hope that the stipulated time of closure is sufficient to settle the agitation by mutual talks or by adopting pressure tactics, as the agitators have no grounds to vent their anger due to closure of institutions. So, both I and II are implicit.
Discussion:2 comments Page 1 of 1.
Ishita said: 4 years ago
It should be as 2 weeks is given as a reasonable time to subside the situation. However it isn't necessary that students won't be able to find any place to continue their activities.
Rishabh said: 5 years ago
The protest can be carried somewhere else also. So, any assumption regarding the place of the agitation is not right. So, only A is the right answer.
Post your comments here: