Discussion :: Statement and Assumption - Section 1 (Q.No.15)
In each question below is given a statement followed by two assumptions numbered I and II. You have to consider the statement and the following assumptions and decide which of the assumptions is implicit in the statement.
- (A) If only assumption I is implicit
- (B) If only assumption II is implicit
- (C) If either I or II is implicit
- (D) If neither I nor II is implicit
- (E) If both I and II are implicit.
|Chalam said: (Nov 29, 2011)|
|How come the answer is A here? It should be 'C' right?
As in the statement such book was not available before(I), Statement (II) is anyhow not following.
|Apit said: (Dec 11, 2011)|
|Give reason why statement II is incorrect. ?|
|Chalam said: (Dec 26, 2011)|
|Because, statement II is not talking about the availability of such books.|
|Vicky said: (Oct 30, 2013)|
|I think I is also not valid. May be that no book is available on the topic but still one can say that never such a book was available.|
|Ambih said: (May 5, 2014)|
|The option A could be correct. Bcos assumption 1: there are books in the topic but only that one book is lucid.
But not assumption 2: it speaks about writing on few topic, while statement emphasize about this particular topic.
|Dany Raj said: (May 11, 2017)|
|There can be two situations.
1. There were books on this topic, but none as lucid as this one.
2. This is the first book on the subject and it happened to be lucid too (You will say the same when this happens. Isnt it?).
So, we cannot deduce that there has been many some books written on the topic.
Post your comments here:
Email : (optional)
» Your comments will be displayed only after manual approval.